matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

Dug up my GoRiLLaZ CD tonight & got a surprise...

Track 12 is sung by Ibrahim Ferrer! Unmistakable vocals.

There is also a hidden track which is a faster Ragga dub version of Clint Eastwood.

SAVE0175.jpg

user posted image

I still get a kick out of this CD. Good old fashioned straight guitar rock music with a lot of humor. Probably one of the few rare CDs I actually listen to the lyrics!

Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries

Can't get it out of my mind after watching Apocalypse Now Redux

The wonderful scene that Wagner came in

Kilgore: You either surf or you fight.

Willard: Are you crazy God damnit? Don't you think its a little risky for some R&R?!

Kilgore: If I say its safe to surf this beach Captain, then its safe to surf this beach. I mean I'm not afraid to surf this place, I'll surf this whole f*cking place!

Kilgore: Charlie don't surf!

Pretty good rock/nu-metal stuff.

user posted image

The sound is pretty decent as well.

user posted image

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

Pitchforkmedia

Kevin Shields' guitar tickles like a Harrier jet engine. The brilliance of Loveless lies in paradox: how can something so incredibly noisy and layered sound so beautiful and delicate? In no other album, ever, could you describe 20+ tracks of feedback as "gossamer." In his recent review of Pet Sounds, Ryan really hit it in the head-- Loveless is the Pet Sounds for our generation. An anal genius spent years carving symphonies to God. At least My Bloody Valentine can cause deafness and isn't called "The Beach Boys." This album can be effervescent or lulling. It can be frightening or angelic. It all depends on a few degrees difference in your volume knob. And it has the most kick-ass opening track, or chord even, of the 1990s. -Brent DiCrescenzo

no prob mat. amazing stuff there on sigur ros.

user posted image

concave scream - erratic

Edited by evil-zen