Blues

Tweaks questions!

Guyferd, it's about 150+ if my menory serves me right.

Mackie, I'm sure it's not the recording. I did a careful compare with my transparent and chord cable, my wife also comment that the transparent and the chord play piano more like real piano, the kloz feels like children's piano, it's not the soundstage and the ambience feeling, it's that each note lacks a kind of density than from the other two.

The kloz cable have a great ability with rhythm and pace, you just can't help moving with the music, when I first fix it in, I feel great, and this stopped me from looking deep into other factors of this cable, and my transparent is too tight to do AB. wacko.gif Two weeks ago, when I went to electrade, Peter complained the cable is not as good as what people saying about it, so when I came back home, I did the AB and changed back.

Edited by ting

ting,

Ah.....now I understand your description of "echoey" refers to the body then. The Klotz is not exactly a cable to replace the expensive ones but it does offer great-value-for-money because of its low cost. The same goes for Beldens. I believe these DIY interconnects are superior replacement of the freebie red/white rca cables.

One thing is for sure albeit I have the Klotz, I agree it's not good enough to replace my Kimbers and Tara Labs.

Btw, do U know the Klotz is wrapped in another skin under Rega's name and sold for about $200+? That's why DIYers are so into it. biggrin.gif

Mackie,

Yeah, knowing that the exact same thing sells for $200 and they can make their own, better versions for less than half the price!

I get this feeling most of the time laugh.gif

Well... I think it's not that great sounding (a few flaws here and there) afterall. But that's compared to PBJ silver streaks.. Hehehe...... Then again, I might well be trying a different sort of DiY'ed I/C's. Will let you guys know after I try. Probably will scrap my Klotz. So when the time comes, anyone who wants a pair of the GY107 (about 6' each) cables can get them from me.

what're you going to try? CVH silver i/c? smile.gif

A self-improved (I think) variant of the CVH & some other thought up designs... But no silver for me. Too costly and hard to get proper (6N) & reasonably cheap silver wire locally.

did you try the overmind fella at echoloft? (do a search, can't remember the link) not too ex..

firefox,

Can you get 6N silver at all? It seems 4N is the purest i've found, dont sound too bad either, Pure Silver Sound and Home Grown Audio.

I reckon there is silver wire that pure.. 4N silver will do, but they're usually sold only at audiophile shops & we all know how much those shops mark up the pricing. wink.gif

Firefox,

Ahhh I bought from a friend who ordered from HGA... total about $15 per foot length of 3 runs of 22AWG braided.

So a 30cm interconnect with bullet plugs costs about $110. 1m pair is $150.

I had a solid state system yet the cables made the rig rocked, swinged, bogeyed, etc, etc. You get the idea wink.gif .

C h r i s

ting,

Ah.....now I understand your description of "echoey" refers to the body then. The Klotz is not exactly a cable to replace the expensive ones but it does offer great-value-for-money because of its low cost. The same goes for Beldens. I believe these DIY interconnects are superior replacement of the freebie red/white rca cables.

One thing is for sure albeit I have the Klotz, I agree it's not good enough to replace my Kimbers and Tara Labs.

Btw, do U know the Klotz is wrapped in another skin under Rega's name and sold for about $200+? That's why DIYers are so into it. biggrin.gif

Can't get in for last week, today finally can.

Yes, agree with you about the value.

Same cable sell for 200++ under Rega? Then have to be careful when buy 200++ cables wink.gif

Yup. A few friends of mine cut a so-called flagship AFA Zeus power cord into half and were shocked to see thin conductors. The lower ranges give better value for money on this brand.

Mackie,

AFA is a sham. Now only on display as used items in Adelphi shops for long periods of time and later given as freebies to unsuspecting newbies