Blues

Tweaks questions!

As the 880s are more revealing than the Koss, try it again and see if the effects are subtle. Yes, the coin tweaks are rather subtle but the effects add up when applied to every link of the setup chain.

Edited by Mackie

I'd assume the coins work something like the mpingo discs? Either that Mackie is pulling our legs! laugh.gif No harm to try though! I just got some change from my turtle 'tabong'.

Mpingo discs work on the same principal and I've also applied them on my speakers rig......but Audio Industries cones instead of Shun Mook.

However, the coins are more flexible as they consist of different metal properties whereas the Shun Mook wood has only one. However, their more expensive discs contain diamond or ruby inside the wooden discs.

In fact, I hope more guys will try the coin tweaks as I'm dying to read the various feedback...be it positive or negative.

oh yes.. and about the cable

I find that monster cable is more laid back/relaxed in comparison with the klotz gy107.

In comparison klotz is also alittle bright, and abit too much energy on the top end .. I think.

Monster cable is more neutral and slightly dark/warm

mackie.. sure I will try it..

Guy : Now.. where's the dt880?

Mackie : uh.. .. tongue.gif

uh ok -.-"

ehehhee lol.gif

just for fun.. no pun intended tongue.gif

The main complaint of the Klotz is having less extended highs and the top end U'd mentioned is possibly the upper mid range and not the treble. This normally translates to a bright sound. Although the Klotz has fuller mids and bigger upper bass, its weakness is in the treble and deep bass which are less extended.

I agree the Monster is more suitable for your setup as it's more laid back and warm.....especially so for cans as it's really near-field listening.

mackie.. sure I will try it..

Guy : Now.. where's the dt880?

Mackie : uh.. .. tongue.gif

uh ok -.-"

ehehhee lol.gif

just for fun.. no pun intended tongue.gif

It's sailing as we speak....... *splash splash *

oooohhh wub.gif my baby baby .. my baby baby wo jue bu neng shi qu ni (F4 - jue bu neng shi qu ni)

wahahha!! lol.giflol.giflol.gif

r u an F4 fan? tongue.gif

ok... anyway,

OT: anymore cds for sale?? hehehehhehe biggrin.gif let me know hor.. ur collections are making me drool

maybe you want to let go of the zard ? biggrin.gif

Sorry matey....none at the moment. Will let U know if I have more to let go. No worries.

After using the Kloz IC for a while, I chaged back to my transparent and the cord chamelien 2, because I found the kloz have a kind of echo effect which is not acceptable, espacially when you listen pianos. Yes, the kloz is faster and make you move with music, but this echo effect just let me down. dry.gif

wow! how much is the chamelien 2 , ting?

ting, regarding this echoey effect, are U sure it's not inherent in the recording? What U're hearing could be soundstage depth and ambience surrounding the instruments. Insightful details which should be a boon to audiophiles. This is especially apparent in live recordings.