Sign in to follow this  
lypk

My type of listening environment

What type of environment do you listen to music in?

For me, i live at the 11th floor, condo, and basically get i see miles away unblocked whenever i look out almost any window.. (the nearer buildings are basically bungalows/terraces, and the taller buildings are a few miles away) i like to listen to music in the night, looking out at the big open space of stars in the sky/ stare blankly in front of me, letting gusts of wind bypass me and just letting my thoughts go wild.. its a really nice and unique feeling when compared to just seating down on the chair in front of the cd player during the afternoon and concentrating on the song being played.. i'm lost in my own world innocent.gif

Any nice and unique experiences you all wanna share?? laugh.gif

That sounds brilliant especially night time. Any chance of posting a shot of your 'view'? Would love to see it. It reminds me of my (Speaker listening) environment while still studying in Glasgow. My unit was on the top floor of a flat midway on top of a hill. The view I had was facing the, motorway, Scottish COnvention Center & disused shipyard of the River Clyde in the distance. I couldn't see the river physically but at night the lights in the distance outlining the terran is captivating & I always stand/sit infront of the window while being 'transported' by the music of Deacon Blue, Hue & Cry & The Blue Nile. Bands from Glasgow which epitomise the weather & City strongly.

My listening environment nowadays is not as impressive. It involves just complete blackness as I usually listen in bed with my eyes closed before going to sleep. However the beauty is your mind can actually conjure up fascinating images based on the type of music you hear.

here laugh.gif

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a131/lypk/view.jpg

Didn't bother to get the tripod and dslr out.. too troublesome.. so don't mind the blur snapshots.. lol..

btw, that's the view from the balcony.. yeah.. enjoy laugh.gif

Edited by lypk

I live on the 2nd floor and above a RC (which is like a gathering area for neighbours and a place to hold tuition classes for those non sg folk) so there is always constant noise. The fact i live near a sec school and a garbage dump makes things worse. Loitering noisy kids/ karaoking folk at the RC/ cars/motorbikes from the carpark rite next to my room. Hardly a conducive listening envrionment. Hence my pref for closed cans. Helps isolate me from the rest of the world.

I live in 4th floor JTC rented apartment, I always sitting on the chair in front of my computer, not impressive wink.gif my housemates always come home very late, I need musics to fill this lonely empty apartment.

Edited by yotiao

here laugh.gif

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a131/lypk/view.jpg

Didn't bother to get the tripod and dslr out.. too troublesome.. so don't mind the blur snapshots.. lol..

btw, that's the view from the balcony.. yeah.. enjoy laugh.gif

Nice! You really have to break out the Tripod & DSLR to really do that view more justice wink.gif