Rameish

Burning in this mini to RCA

Am burning in this mini-RCA. Made by a buddy of mine using Canare mini jack and RCAs. Will let you guys know how it sounds - ya I made sure silver solder was used. I could have done it my self but the mini jack had tiffiny style pin for the signal wires. Trying to solder two 20 gauge silver plated copper strands (with teflon sheath) is a bit much for my soldering skills. Oh my wife helped on on the braiding (my buddy did one and she did the other).

Homemade_RCA_MiniJPG

Nice work! They look like custom Kimber PBJ mini to RCAs. I love the Canare mini/RCA plugs. Looks so well made. They look stiff though, especially in shorter lengths say less than 12".

the Canare mini-jack's not gold plated?

my fake Canare mini-jack's gold plated lol biggrin.gif

btw, thats a very nice cable man thumbup1.gif you should see how my silver i/c looks rolleyes.gif

PITA x 9 to the power of n LOL.

I picked the wires to look like PBJ - will make an rca to rca version and then compare it to my PBJ which of course come terminated with WBT Midline male plugs. That would be a real test indeed. If successful I'll call it the Rebmik JBP LOL.

Ya the teflon insulation does make it stiff.

Huha huha huah! Keep the better cables & sell cheap to me the other one!

N@Z,

You want a PBJ??? For the WBT Plugs right? LOL. The same idea came to my mind. Get a 0.5m PBJ desolder the RCA and use them for better cables like some pure silver (99.999%) Please dont get the 99.95% silver as it actually sounds worse than 99.999% copper.

Rameish: Check your handphone; Anyways, how much are the 0.5m PBJ cables?

Edited by Firefox

Rameish, anything wrong with the PBJ's. I thought they were supposed to be ok.

btw, larry hifi sells WBT plugs... but u want good sound u go try eichmann bullets laugh.gif

The normal Bullet Plugs go for S$66 while the Silver Bullet Plugs go for S$150 at Musiclink. What's the diff if using silver cable in either case?

Oak,

I guess Silver Bullet is for silver cables since it's made of silver. LOL. Then you would have removed a further bottle neck (but the female RCA is still probably brass - I did ask Eichmann about female RCA about 1 year ago and he had not plans on that one. Origin Live used to offer Bullet Plug as an option at one point but later said it was inferior to their Aluminum housing RCA!! They still sell bullets though just don't offer it as a standard configuration. I must try these bullet plugs someday soon. I suspect I'll like them LOL. Just cant use them for demos too much as they would damage more easily I guess since it's made of pure copper.

N@Z,

Absolutely nothing wrong with PBJ - Kimber have been a long time favourite of mine from the PBJ to KS-1030. There was a time when every cable in you home system was Kimber - even the power cords, speaker cables etc. Why do you think I did the Kimber braid if I thought it was bs? LOL

Origin Live prefers alu plugs? Could be cos it

A - Augments the sound more towards the colouration they like

B - Costs alot less than Eichmanns. Bullet Plugs are pretty expensive even to the manufacturer, more so than Neutriks, maybe even Cardas.

Edited by fishball79

N@Z,

Absolutely nothing wrong with PBJ - Kimber have been a long time favourite of mine from the PBJ to KS-1030. There was a time when every cable in you home system was Kimber - even the power cords, speaker cables etc. Why do you think I did the Kimber braid if I thought it was bs? LOL

I only asked that because of your previous comment.

Now, silver Eichmann Bullet plugs, very interesting! Try making it on you home brew lace cables!