feather

Headphones for Portables

i dont think its 400...should be around 450-500 inclusive of shipping to singapore....from earphonesolutions.com

but if there is a 400 for um2, let me know too! tongue.gif

Here Read the posts. Not sure earphonesolutions 20% still on or not. Try your luck.

yes i know...but it still adds up to about 430-450 inclusive of shipping to singapore...

geez...i'd still prefer canal or in-earphones instead of walking in the streets with those big cans around your ears...

Since the topic is about what audiophiles will wear with their portable setup, I made the recommendations based on what I think these people will want. It's no joke being an audiophile as he/she can spend the whole day positioning speakers just for than little extra performance or lapse into stupor because his/her system sounded less ideal. They are mad but with a good cause though. tongue.gif

For the rest of the gang who can't be bothered but appreciates fine music on the go:

Koss KSC 35/75

Sony EX70SLP with mods

Edited by Mackie

The UM2 comes up to around S$435 inclusive of shipping. Still waiting for mine though, it's backordered. Think a lot of people took advantage of the offer.

The UM2 comes up to around S$435 inclusive of shipping. Still waiting for mine though, it's backordered. Think a lot of people took advantage of the offer.

feather how did u ship to sg? u shipped to vpost first or use their posting?

feather how did u ship to sg? u shipped to vpost first or use their posting?

i just got my um2 from earphonesolutions. mine added to about 455 inlcuding shipping from vpostUSA. please take note that orders above S$400 will be charged GST by vpost. i've had experiences using global USPS that took at least a month to reach singapore.

How long did it take your UM2 to arrive jmilo? I ordered it with another person, so we split the FedEx shipping of US$38. FedEx shipping suppose to take 2-4 days, but unfortunately my UM2 is backordered while the other person's order for a pair of E2Cs have been shipped. I'm not sure how it works though, how can the E2Cs' status be shipped when our two earphones were ordered together.

How long did it take your UM2 to arrive jmilo? I ordered it with another person, so we split the FedEx shipping of US$38. FedEx shipping suppose to take 2-4 days, but unfortunately my UM2 is backordered while the other person's order for a pair of E2Cs have been shipped. I'm not sure how it works though, how can the E2Cs' status be shipped when our two earphones were ordered together.

it took around 4 days to arrive from earphonesolutions (florida) to california (vpostusa address), then another 5 days from california to singapore...took around 9 days till i received my um2's...i usually go by vpostusa as shipping to singapore is cheaper and and more reliable. what i know is that earphonesolutions can ship your order together or separately as long as they have stock. so you can have one of your orders immediately without waiting for the other one to have stock. this of course is of no additional expense to us customers...i think most retailers online (like amazon) does the same thing.

Damn, just got a reply from Earphone Solutions. The UM2 will be by early next week, so the faster I get them will be end of next week.

Westone products are backordered till next mon at least according to techpushers.

My experience from earphonesolutions and amazon thru vpostusa.

I got my ER6i, friend's headphone and a KSC75 from amazon. They tend to ship from different locations and may split your order into multiple shipments if its more than 2 items. So it depends. All 3 items came in different shipments and locations. Shipping time is 2-3 days. Amazon processing time is 1-4 days. So it can actually take a week for your stuff to arrive at vpost/california. My ER6i took only 3 days and the KSC75 took a week to arrive at vpost. All are free UPS ground shipping.

earphonesolutions is fast. (Items in stock) Processing is 1 day and shipping is 2 days to vpost by USPS ground shipping.

vpostusa to SG is quite fast. Approx 5 working days. The slow part is that sometimes, they can take a few days to match your item to your invoice (Processing) and generate the bill. My total order actually exceeds SGD$400. About $465 in total including vpost shipping charges which are liable to GST charges. vpost actually declare my ER6i's value as USD$45 to keep my order under $400. I guess they will try to help if your order exceeds a little over $400. My advise is to ask earphonesolutions to declare your oder as under USD$230. If total value exceeds SGD$400, prepare to pay 5%GST charges.

As for the case of the UM2 being held and e2c being ship. I think the info is not correct. Where you get the status? From earphonesolution's invoice? If so, their 'ship' means item in stock and reserve for you.....waiting for the UM2. (My ER6i's foam tips was backordered for 1 day and the rest (UM1+tips) 'ship'. All arrive together in a USPS priority box.

The correct info is the tracking no. provided by earphonesolutions and USPS.

Edited by afbug

I got the E2C info from the order status page. But after emailing Earphone Solution, Flavio replied explaining what you said as well. The E2C will be shipped with the UM2 once it's in stock.

Will understating the value of the earphones affect whatever insurance that comes with using FedEx?

Sorry, I'm making my own thread off-topic blush.gif

I got the E2C info from the order status page. But after emailing Earphone Solution, Flavio replied explaining what you said as well. The E2C will be shipped with the UM2 once it's in stock.

Will understating the value of the earphones affect whatever insurance that comes with using FedEx?

Sorry, I'm making my own thread off-topic blush.gif

I have no idea. Normally insurance have a value cap. It might not cover if your items exceed the value cap.

It should not affect but i am really not sure. You gotta check with fedex or look up their site.

When i buy A$20+++ dvds from ezydvd.com.au, they also declare its value at only A$10. But not insured thou.

Damn, just got a reply from Earphone Solutions. The UM2 will be by early next week, so the faster I get them will be end of next week.

ever noticed that quite a lot are starting to buy westone um2's??? headphone.gif