Sign in to follow this  
Deinel

I don't like yellow

Guys, i need help urgently. I finally got 2 pairs of the 414 pads at Hung Bros. for 16 bucks and had made satisfactory holes outta them. But, i dun like the colour yellow. I had read tropicatrips thread on how to dye the pads to the colour you like but it seems that i cant seem to find the dyes. Ive asked all tailors in my neighbourhood and they gave me crazy looks. Is it a must to use fabric dyes? Any other alternatives? Anyone have any other experience with other type of dyes and still have clean ears? Or is there a specific place where i can buy em?

PS: i live in ang mo kio...hoping for a literally close answer. Thanks guys no.gif

Check out Spotlight at PS. They should have the dyes and the staff to help you. Bring the pads there and ask. $16 is for 2 pairs? I want to buy some too. Senn asia quote me $10. blink.gif

neutralzz: thanks...but i prefer dark green or black to go with my Grados....

afbug: Spotlight at PS...a DIY shop?...anyway...thanks alot, will go there and ask. Regarding the pads, yeah, i think Hung Bros dropped it to $8. It still have the usual price tag on tho, $18 dollars. I thought Senn asia selling for $7.50, once read it in the post by N@Z....

$7.50 for 414 pads? They quote me $10! wacko.gif Spotlight is a very BIG art and craft store on the upper floors of PS. I think its on the 5th floor. They sell all sorts of things for the home too. The selection is very wide. See also blur, thats why its better to bring along the pads and ask the staff there for help.

ok...will sure go there once i have the time.

yep, i read here somewhere N@z said papaya86 said that senn asia quoting for $7.50

I bought mine for $8 tho... tongue.gif

I've updated that thread to reflect the current prices mentioned above.

Hey afbug biggrin.gif Thanks alot. Ive gotten the dye from Spotlight and dyed my pads. Its the dye that tropicaltrips use, the ebony black one. Its sellin at 3.40 rather than 2.50 mentioned. Nevertheless im happy happy.gif Next i'll be using the tartan(dark) green, or orange, should go well with the SR60. headphone.gif

You're welcome. I guess a shop that size, sure to have what you wanted. Almost a dollar more, no choice la. You're shopping at a premium shop at a premium location, so gotta pay a premium price. tongue.gif

You gonna dye so many colours? Haha like those colourful iPod cases! Buy 7 pairs of HD414 pads and dye them with different colours. A colour for a day. Can even mix and match. yeah.gif

No pictures ah? Did you get more colours? tongue.gif

nearly kena squeeze for SGD18 a pair..when I mentioned this forum indicated SGD8, he said his cost is SGD8 & ask for SGD10..looks like only a couple left.

dry.gif