adhoc

The 2005 sgHeadphones meet thread

Hi all,

Sigh, another sgheadphones meet missed...

so... POST YOUR IMPRESSIONS ALREADY! cool.gif

Far from as huge/expensive as the previous meet. Wonder where all the gurus went....

Lots of portables.

Mainly youngsters.

Many headphones made appearance, including DT150, DT931, DT431, HD650, HD600, AKG K1000, K501, Sony 7506.

Shop had DT860, 660.

Some A-Ts appeared as well but i don't quite remember what models as the sound of A-T has never caught my attention.

The only CDP which appeared was CD6000ose.

Amps, mainly portables: Emmeline SR-71, Xin Supermacro, MINT.

Tubes also appeared: Diva, Little Dot II, and the last one i cant remember what.

Needless to say, the star was K1000, which, unfortunately, no amp could drive it to sound good except a professional amp in the shop, which didnt quite have enough power. The bass of this cans was v impactful when driven out CD6000ose headphones out.

The leftout amp should be MingDa. The MingDa can drive the k1000 pretty well when it's set to 600ohm but it lacks the kind of refinement as compare to the professional amp. The professional amp lacks the power, if the power is double, good match for the k1000. And, K1000 got BASS.

Edited by Charismatic

Far from as huge/expensive as the previous meet. Wonder where all the gurus went....

Lots of portables.

Mainly youngsters.

Many headphones made appearance, including DT150, DT931, DT431, HD650, HD600, AKG K1000, K501, Sony 7506.

Shop had DT860, 660.

Some A-Ts appeared as well but i don't quite remember what models as the sound of A-T has never caught my attention.

The only CDP which appeared was CD6000ose.

Amps, mainly portables: Emmeline SR-71, Xin Supermacro, MINT.

Tubes also appeared: Diva, Little Dot II, and the last one i cant remember what.

Needless to say, the star was K1000, which, unfortunately, no amp could drive it to sound good except a professional amp in the shop, which didnt quite have enough power. The bass of this cans was v impactful when driven out CD6000ose headphones out.

Damn, wish I had the chance to audition the DT150. no.gif

here come the photos~~(anyone if fell uncomfortable with ur apperence in the photos pls pm me and i delete accordingly)

post-4-1130678259.jpg

also ATH we got W1000, A900, AD2000 here, L3000 still burning at home yeah.gif waiting for the next one....here is the Marantz 6000se corner.

post-4-1130678464.jpg