Sign in to follow this  
Stereo_Electronics

Audio Technica headphone amp coming soon....

Finally...... an affordable headphone amplifier from Audio Technica is making its way to Singapore soon.

The AT-HA20 selling for around SGD$250 would be in stock soon and on demo in our store.

user posted image

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

Here's more:

Features

AT-HA20 is Audio-Technica's all new 2005 high quality Headphone Amp features a strong aluminum body. With 2 output terminals, 3.5 stereo mini and 6.3 standard stereo. Support high quality sound and a strong bass. Illumination function allows you to see inside the amplifier. Ultra slim design. Easy to use.

Specifications

Installed capacity level: 100mW + 100mW (32 Omega, T.H.D 5%)

Frequency characteristic: 10Hz - 100kHz (- 3dB)

Total height cycle distortion factor: 0.08% or less (32 Omega, 20mW output)

SN ratio: Above 90dB (JIS-A)

Power source: DC12V 500mA JEITA (AC adapter)

Input terminal: Line input (pin-jack ×2)

Output terminal: Headphone output / Phi 3.5 stereo mini- jacks / Phi 6.3 standard stereo jacks / Line through output (pin-jack ×2)

External size: H44×W105×D135mm

Mass: 425g

Courtesy of www.audiocubes.com

Edited by Mackie

o_O cool..

i nearly thought it was the 4k model when i saw the topic

hope someone can compare this to the pimeta and ppa amps when this comes out laugh.gif and probably a look at the innards.. 250 bucks.. enough to make a good amp with good caps/parts... unsure.gif

I hate to be a spoiler but this amp is is not worth the money. It's very small and felt "cheap" when I tested it months ago. Don't ask me to do a detailed comparison because I'm don't think this amp deserves a considertion when better amps could be gotten at USD$60++.

Stereo_Electronics<<< Please dun take into account of my personal opinions. Not meant to start any flame wars but it's sensitive when a dealer is in the thread recommending a product. There was a time when a chinese maker of an amp was involved in a review of it's own product on head-fi. I'm sure some knew about it. It was kinda not pretty. happy.gif

Dun worry idkfa, I understand.... cool.gif if this amp really sucks then everyone should know about it rather then having customers complaining after their purchase, bad for my reputation. But still I would be ordering some to sell and a demo unit for the rest to audition. Keep you guys informed when its in stock.

Dun worry idkfa, I understand.... cool.gif if this amp really sucks then everyone should know about it rather then having customers complaining after their purchase, bad for my reputation. But still I would be ordering some to sell and a demo unit for the rest to audition. Keep you guys informed when its in stock.

maybe mr stereo electronics should also learn to diy amps.. then can come out.. stereo electronics brand laugh.gif

(if you do up something really value for money.. people will be interested and your boss will yes.gif ) or maybe even take custom orders like mr digi01 in this forums and some other experts around..

when will be the estimated arrival of this amp? your shop carries grados RA-1 too right? tongue.gif so.. are they gonna be side by side for people to test? laugh.gif

any difficult cans arnd for auditioning too? or can i bring down my PPA or other misc amps or my beyers/shures for testing? lol.gifheadphone.gif

No ETA for the amp but I would say around mid november maybe. Auditioning the Grado RA-1 side by side is no problem.

We dun't have any difficult cans on demo yet, but Sennheiser will be sponsoring some cans by early year 2006 after our renovation and by then we should have some beyers to test too.

Diy is a good idea, will look into it if someone is willing to teach..... and a lot of blood to spare. laugh.gif

idkfa, have you tried the Triangle headphone amplifier? Need your expert opinion. cool.gif

I am no amp expert. LOL Rather one who jumps on the bandwagon on cans instead. happy.gif I've had my fair share of auditioning amps here but I have not come across the Triangle amps yet, at least not in tokyo. But are they the makers that make the speakers? Or you talking about some circuitry designs?? I have no idea about them seriously.

Btw Stereo_ele, I understand that you are working in an Audio based company, but are you also "siao" about audio stuffs?? biggrin.gif I'm really trying to get past the idea that I am replying to an audio dealer. Sounds weird. LOL.

In my opinion, it will be wonderful if Stereo Electronics is able to bring in some Chinese headamps. Aside from a huge variety of designs (solid-state and tube based) and aesthetics, sound quality is usually very high (from personal encounter with Hefei XiangSheng, Cayin/Spark, Minda, Original). Dollar for dollar, the Chinese headamps give very big bang for the buck against its competitors in Japan, Europe and US. This aspect is all the more true with portable headamp. If Stereo Electronics can find a way to bring in these gems and yet make money out of it, I'm sure cans fans in US and Europe will drool over what our playground has to offer.

In my opinion, it will be wonderful if Stereo Electronics is able to bring in some Chinese headamps. Aside from a huge variety of designs (solid-state and tube based) and aesthetics, sound quality is usually very high (from personal encounter with Hefei XiangSheng, Cayin/Spark, Minda, Original). Dollar for dollar, the Chinese headamps give very big bang for the buck against its competitors in Japan, Europe and US. This aspect is all the more true with portable headamp. If Stereo Electronics can find a way to bring in these gems and yet make money out of it, I'm sure cans fans in US and Europe will drool over what our playground has to offer.

yes.gif yup.. china & taiwan audio industry picking up.. and many times amps are built in similar and further modified designs of western amps..

quite well worth the price...i just missed out on the sale of the original master amp in the classifieds.. for that price of 210.. i think its quite worth it from the opinions i've seen in this forums

So sorry idkfa.... wrong info.... laugh.gif It's Pro-jet Audio.

user posted image

Technical data Pro-Ject Head Box MK II

Power output 330mW/30ohms, 60mW/300ohms

Headphone connection >30 ohms

Signal to noise 94dB ref. full output

Frequency response 30Hz – 20kHz/-0,05dB (10Hz – 120kHz/-1dB)

THD (IMD) 0,005% (0,001%)

Gain 11dB

Headphone jack 3-pole ¼" (6,3mm ? ) phono socket

Power supply type Mains-fed outboard power supply

Output voltage 16V/200mA AC

Power supply 16V/200mA AC

Dimension W x D x H 105 x 120 x 38mm

Weight 600g without power supply

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

I hate to be a spoiler but this amp is is not worth the money. It's very small and felt "cheap" when I tested it months ago. Don't ask me to do a detailed comparison because I'm don't think this amp deserves a considertion when better amps could be gotten at USD$60++.

Stereo_Electronics<<< Please dun take into account of my personal opinions. Not meant to start any flame wars but it's sensitive when a dealer is in the thread recommending a product. There was a time when a chinese maker of an amp was involved in a review of it's own product on head-fi. I'm sure some knew about it. It was kinda not pretty. happy.gif

Which chinese amp was it? Convenient to post here?