Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

The 1000-post club

yeah.. but the zotl deal is just as tempting !!!

if you were me, which one would you go for? happy.gif

That's a tough question Blues, I haven't heard either & we both have fairly different music taste but knowing me I'd probably go with the ZOTL based on the bargain factor. Assuming the shipping is not too prohibitive. Besides that it might be a good idea to look into other tube amps around that price just to make sure, which might not be alot since you will be partnering it with the CD3K.

hee hee..

I've heard cd3k with zotl and it was very good. Not too sure about EMP unsure.gif

not yet. Maybe N@z can bring down for the next headphone meet wink.gif

MG Head (OTL), although it is possible to run low impedance cans (using low gain output tubes) on it higher impedance cans seems to sound alot better. Unless you're using maybe with the MKII or 32. They are cheaper

Capital idea, lets move the discussion about tube amps to the equipment forum. My reply concerning the MG Head is there: http://www.sgheadphones.com/index.php?act=...t=ST&f=2&t=1028

abit more abit more.. 5 moreee lol.giflol.gif

when I hit 3000 I will write my review on my setup hee...

to mark for the arrival of the 'prince' biggrin.gif

Tee seems to have crept past the 1000 mark unnoticed!

he's nowhere to be seen now!

perhaps he's in japan already.. tongue.gif ?

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

I'm not even going to click on that link as I know where you're going with the 3000 bit! tongue.gif

I only just noticed that earlier this evening. I knew I was coming to it but I passed the mark unceremoniously! It's unbelievable really. 3000 posts. I only have a mere +600 on head-fi & I've been there longer. I guess I have been spending alot of time here... I need to go out more! But work has been tiring & right now staying in all snuggled up facing the TV & Powerbook on my lap... all that's missing is a pair of headphones... oh, there's Mat's DT880... arggh, I can't reach it it's too far. Oh well, no sense in exerting myself too much, yawn. yawn.gif This is the life, no disruptions.

Here is anytime more fun that head-fi , me thinks! Hence our post counts tongue.gif

and .. and.. why don't you click the link? sad1.gifsad1.gif

tongue.gif