Sign in to follow this  
ssheavy

pls recommend headphone extension

Hi. I am using a SR60 and I like to have a headphone extension (under $120). Any recommendation? Price and place to buy (I'm in Singapore)... thanks!

I know MBD stock the mini adapter, but i guess they should stock the extension cable too.

Any idea how much both the mini adapter and the extension cable costs?

Edited by acidboy84

Therefore, it's a matter of yin and yang...synergy and personal preference. It's important to know how each link in the system will sound so that the overall presentation will be to the liking of the user.

Warning about the Grado extension cable: It is apparently not shielded and may not be a good idea for some people, depending on your location. When used in my house it picks up radio signals while a cheap shielded canare extension cable remains silent. Beware! ohmy.gif

So anyone with recommendations of cables that are the most neutral sounding and won't add colouration or change the sound of your cans? I'll like to have a 2 metre extension wire terminated with a 1/4 plug.

LHS makes anything that you can think of, just as long as they have the raw materials.

A neutral cable? Wow, that's akin to the search for neutral speakers....expensive, elusive, rare or even futile? I suggest it's more feasible to search for a cable which has sonic traits that synergize with your system and/or conform to your personal preference. Generally, Canare seems to sound tighter and leaner in bass and sparkling in the highs but it could sound bright in some systems. Belden has cables which sound quite different from one another. Klotz generally sounds warmer in the mids with a bigger bass but treble extension is a tad rolled off.

Edited by Mackie

Warning about the Grado extension cable: It is apparently not shielded and may not be a good idea for some people, depending on your location. When used in my house it picks up radio signals while a cheap shielded canare extension cable remains silent. Beware! ohmy.gif

On the Grado website it says the headphone extension is made from the same cable as the headphone cables. So wouldn't that mean the headphone cable would pick up the same signals?

On the Grado website it says the headphone extension is made from the same cable as the headphone cables. So wouldn't that mean the headphone cable would pick up the same signals?

Length does matter.........greater length means higher risk of exposue to RFI.

Edited by Mackie

Grado does not belive in sheilding their cables (like Kimber). AV98's has a very unique house/apartment. It's an RFI nightmare lol frankly. In most situations the unshielded cable will offer better sonics. So you could try an unshielded one first. Keep lengths to the minimum as Mackie suggests. The longer the run the more sonics detrioate and the possibility of RFI interference increases.