Sign in to follow this  
Kippei

Tubes amp

i see.. i can't get the 2SK389 and 2SJ109 for the dynalo in singapore either, end up i get from dgardner together with my boards. they cost a (few) bomb(s)! usd10 a pair, and i need 4 pairs for my dynamid yucky.gif

No picture hard to see....

It seem that GL-5963 is a very old tube. Dated 1950+ from what i dig out of the net. Any other tube without the GL model number is the newer ones. I think we got could have gotten a rare gem. Same with the RCA

Edited by Kippei

yah

J113 is good

a little better than the LND150

but can get, 50c each at koba

but... they're more fragile compared to LND150

J113 can only take 35v across them. so have to be more careful when u set the cathode resistance down there. dont let it go to 0, then the voltage across the CCS will be too large.

oh, using LND150 only needs 2 more resistors. using J113, needs two of them and 1 resistor

for millet, well audio not selling 6922?

http://www.wellaudiolab.com/preamp.html

see there. I see there's 6922 there wat

oh ok i think i'll start laying out the psu later. many people seem to have hum issue and most of it seems to stem from trafo placement. so i think i'll have the psu and the amp unit on separate boards and possibly in separate cases

hmm for layout, chk a few pages earlier

see my layout there

ideal to be seperated

then from PSU, run 4 wires, 60v, +12v, -12v. 0v

oh btw, if u want, the +/-12v regulators can be replaced with LM317 and LM337. but have to put 1 resistor and 1 trimpot for each.

however, with that, you can adjust the supply to ur op-amp easily

more flexibility

btw, when building SOHA, use the CCS config to be the mu follower. then u dun have headache with those higher input bias current op-amps

can even use the cheaper NE5532

no sound difference. and it's able to output same amount of current as its more expensive OPA2134/OPA2132.

I myself planning to build higher power output stage smile.gif

i have opa2134 left over from my cmoy2 experiments anyway tongue.gif

i think i'll stick to +/- 12v regulators, dont really need the extra flexibility

yah

J113 is good

a little better than the LND150

but can get, 50c each at koba

but... they're more fragile compared to LND150

J113 can only take 35v across them. so have to be more careful when u set the cathode resistance down there. dont let it go to 0, then the voltage across the CCS will be too large.

oh, using LND150 only needs 2 more resistors. using J113, needs two of them and 1 resistor

for millet, well audio not selling 6922?

http://www.wellaudiolab.com/preamp.html

see there. I see there's 6922 there wat

millet's not 6922, its 12AE6 or something.