Sign in to follow this  
Kippei

Tubes amp

how much current can diamond buffers push?

there was some talk about this on the headwize soha thread too, but the thread looks dead these few days

ohmy.gif Sorry, siriuz...but the weather today decided to give it's blessings until about 4. So I had to rush with getting my components for the PS...bleh, forgot to snag an led for either of us wacko.gif

I don't have a contact number at the moment, phone got stolen quite recently and am thus phoneless, pmed you my msn addy.

Also, I have a multimeter myself, so if you want I can bring it down this fri.

Ok...several questions - For the bridge rectifiers, there were several types, but I took the circular ones...just that I'm not sure if the ratings are correct, or are there specific ratings for the bridge rectifier?

Also got an IEC socket and a 3-pin plug...all I need to know is the pin configuration for the plug, don't want to risk incompatibility later...

Finally...I only went to 1 shop to look for a trafo, picked up a 12VA 15-0-15. Can this do?

ehh actually you could've gotten the PS parts at koba too :/

i went to slt to buy cuz i had to go to LHS to buy some cable

its ok about the LED, i guess we'll make do with what's sold at koba smile.gif

and umm no need to bring your multimeter, we're not building the amp at koba =P

the circular ones should be fine, and the ratings should be fine too.

there should be labels on the back of the IEC socket, i dunno how yours is labelled but i have one here thats labelled L N G , L for live N for neutral and G for ground.

12VA will do fine also, but its abit over-specced biggrin.gif

unless of course you want to use a high current output stage like squalle intends to

btw i didnt get a PM from you. bug in the sgheadphone forum code? unsure.gif

Edited by siriuz

12VA is too big a trafo, but it wont cut it when u wanna power up a pair of speakers

errm actually the trafo that I currently put for the SOHA is 12VA rated too

then for rectifier, see the label on it. anything that's rated 50V and 0.5A and above would be adequate

for 3 pins plug socket or the IEC one all would be similar

looking from the wiring side, if the earth is on top, then ur live is at the right side

LED can be added on later. hahaha

it's just for decoration purpose smile.gif

This thread is getting way out of my league.... I dont understand any of the later part cept for this thread is going high current output

siriuz, i raised this idea in Head-fi before, having hot debate there, what you need is balanced output to drive the output stage. I drwan one circuit before, let me dig it out.

@huangyong: may i have a link to this discussion?

@kippei: still 0 for me rolleyes.gif

screwed up with the pcb software last night, so still nothing to show