Sign in to follow this  
Kippei

Tubes amp

I was wondering whether i should use a JJ or a mullard... I still have yet to tested a millet..... to figure out the differences

read in the headwize thread.

errm see if the output oscillates

erm imbalance? I think even alps blue would have that at near minimum.

hmm right now two PCBs?

hmm those folks at headwize planning to split signal part and PSU part. I dont think it should be a problem.

can you chk if the ground output of ur LM317 is really 0 volt?

chk the voltage agains earth

may I know what source are you connecting it to?

ADD: I saw this in head-fi, quoted from morsel: "Input ground, case, and pot shaft/housing should be tied together"

I almost forgot abt that fact. so yea, try it. It solved my problem for my 1st amp I built

Edited by squalle

I was wondering whether i should use a JJ or a mullard... I still have yet to tested a millet..... to figure out the differences

errr

why not each of us buy different ones and then we loan to each other to swap around?

at least now there are 3 SOHAs, with all spotting SAME tubes! haha

koba must be very happy tongue.gif

well, i am using a cd6000 for this mhha amp and since the gain of the mhha amp is quite big, it really sounds loud so i have to turn the vol pot to really very soft volume. well, right now all my signals part are on 1 pcb with its own ground and this ground is connected to the main filter cap ground by a wire. the input ground, output ground vol pot ground and shaft are all tied together before going through this wire to the main filter cap ground.

when i have time i'll check whether the lm317 is 0V against real earth.

well, i must say for $20++, the mhha amp is really good for performance. well, i have not heard those higher end amps, even the ppa. but for $20++ (not including the sweat and frustration) it is really a good amp. the vocals are better presented. and also in the process i get to learn quite a lot of things, which are interesting.. laugh.gif

so squalle which 'food' u like? tubes..??

well, i am using a cd6000 for this mhha amp and since the gain of the mhha amp is quite big, it really sounds loud so i have to turn the vol pot to really very soft volume. well, right now all my signals part are on 1 pcb with its own ground and this ground is connected to the main filter cap ground by a wire. the input ground, output ground vol pot ground and shaft are all tied together before going through this wire to the main filter cap ground.

when i have time i'll check whether the lm317 is 0V against real earth.

well, i must say for $20++, the mhha amp is really good for performance. well, i have not heard those higher end amps, even the ppa. but for $20++ (not including the sweat and frustration) it is really a good amp. the vocals are better presented. and also in the process i get to learn quite a lot of things, which are interesting.. laugh.gif

so squalle which 'food' u like? tubes..??

if you find the gain too high, you can drop the tube from ecc82 to ecc81, gain factor lower by 20.

and.. if anyone here dont like his diy-ed mhha, feel free to pm me, we could discuss something tongue.gif might be interested in getting something for my roomie

haha

pay me, I build SOHA for ur roomie tongue.gif

SOHA supposedly to sound better than MHHA tongue.gif

(no output cap and tube's running at a higher voltage)

oh btw kross, I prefer tubes to ss