Sign in to follow this  
Stereo_Electronics

Which brands would you like to see?

What other brands or models of headphone or earphones would you like us to stock other than our existing collections available?

No promises that we can get whatever you want but, we'll definitely look into it if it's possible.

i think headphones wise, you've got most covered...westone, on the top of my head, is what you lack. Maybe you could source for interesting accessories like headphone stands. The sennheiser headphone stand (which is a clamp) might be worth bringing in.

you should look at amplifiers really...most good headphones will need them. Very hard for interested parties to see the headphone at its full potential without having a good amp and source for auditioning.....And in truth I think the supply here is quite limited. As for which amplifiers you should look at, I think if you post for recommendations, you'll have your hands full. yes.gif

Also you could consider using the staff room to allow people to do some auditioning. Maybe for really interested customers only on a case by case basis so security is still maintained. I went that day to audition your audio technicas and the noise was not conducive at all. Price though was very conducive!

i think singaporeans prefer iems over headphones due to the hot weather and discreet looks. maybe can try ultimate ears? or creative ep630. i know many people are looking for it but its only avail at creative HQ afaik.

i think singaporeans prefer iems over headphones due to the hot weather and discreet looks. maybe can try ultimate ears? or creative ep630. i know many people are looking for it but its only avail at creative HQ afaik.

In regard to Creative EP-630, I have already check with them and still waiting for their response, might require a huge order...... god bless me. no.gif

We approach Ultimate Ears Nov 2005 but unfortunately they aren't keen to have a Singapore distributor.

beyerdynamic!

Approached Peak Fusion regarding Beyerdynamic headphones and microphones, but due to some business reasons we cannot come to an agreement, I have decided to put Beyerdynamic on hold till further notice.

i think headphones wise, you've got most covered...westone, on the top of my head, is what you lack. Maybe you could source for interesting accessories like headphone stands. The sennheiser headphone stand (which is a clamp) might be worth bringing in.

you should look at amplifiers really...most good headphones will need them. Very hard for interested parties to see the headphone at its full potential without having a good amp and source for auditioning.....And in truth I think the supply here is quite limited. As for which amplifiers you should look at, I think if you post for recommendations, you'll have your hands full. yes.gif

Also you could consider using the staff room to allow people to do some auditioning. Maybe for really interested customers only on a case by case basis so security is still maintained. I went that day to audition your audio technicas and the noise was not conducive at all. Price though was very conducive!

I'll look into Westone for sure, but have to make sure its cheaper locally if not its another Shure...... no.gif

Headphone stand will be look into too.

Headphone amplifier business is difficult in Singapore..... but will consider.

I'd say the market for them in Singapore is almost non-existent. You can try putting up a poll aasking people how much their willing to spend on a decent amplifier for their headphones and I bet you most of the responses will be in the 50 to 100 dollar range. Compare and contrast head-fi and this forum and you'll see the huge difference between our market and theirs. Unless you can find something really decent for less than $100, don't bother. wink.gif

Edited by av98m

I'd say the market for them in Singapore is almost non-existent. You can try putting up a poll aasking people how much their willing to spend on a decent amplifier for their headphones and I bet you most of the responses will be in the 50 to 100 dollar range. Compare and contrast head-fi and this forum and you'll see the huge difference between our market and theirs. Unless you can find something really decent for less than $100, don't bother. wink.gif

I can't agree more. party.gif

I think you have most major brands covered. For Westone, no need to be cheaper than online. Same price or slightly more ex, ppl will still buy. You might want to look into some Korean brands, eg Cresyn.

I think headphone accessories are very limited in SG. Headphone stands or clamps like Senn or Koss should be quite sellable. BUT, the Senn one is EX. I was quoted $38 for 1 piece. blink.gif Have to order from them as well.

Wah looks like i gotta make a trip to your shop one day. headphone.gif

hmm.. i guess brands wise stereo carrys a lot.

but most importantly i guess an important "product" that shops should have's good hospitality wink.gif

if shops do design and gear up the place for people to audition comfortably, and easily with a wide range, friendly and all, definitely it would definitely set a shop apart from the rest..

I was hoping you might stock the Beyerdynamic, was planning to try one since everyone seems to be very pleased with it's (DT880) performance.

Actually i think your shop already alot of brands for a small market like Singapore.

Love to visit your shop but it is too far for me.