Sign in to follow this  
teesixtenn

need a portable headphones < $150

me using akg k26p and i think it is good. go audit it at hung bros....don't think it will lose to the px200....and cheaper too..

me using akg k26p and i think it is good. go audit it at hung bros....don't think it will lose to the px200....and cheaper too..

how does k26p compare to px100?

btw is there a big difference between k26p and k24p?

are the closed in cushions replaceable?

and are these cans comfortable?

heard from some that it might be a tad tight

any reviews on these 2 akg cans? smile.gif

how does k26p compare to px100?

I don't own those 2 headphones but have tried them for awhile. IMHO, k26p is very bass heavy and the mids are recessed. px100 sounds more balanced among the 2 but it also has a slightly bloated bass. additionally, i think the k26p sounds muddy compared to the px100, so i'll say, in absolute terms, the px100 is the better of the 2 in terms of sound. Note that px100 doesn't offer isolation while k26p are supposed to offer isolation but i feel the cups are way too small to do that.

both cans are very light. IMO, px100 feels like the more comfortable one among the 2. also, wearing the k26p can be quite cumbersome because of the way the cups can swivel while the headband is adjusted. a 3rd alternative that's worth looking at is the koss porta pro. IMO, sonic performance is tied with the px100, though it offers a different flavour with a warmer sound and a more bloated bass than the px. it's a fun listen, though the $19 more in price (at Hung Bros) may make you lean towards the px.

just my 2 cents. the other parts i guez i cant answer.

porta pro looks a little bulky though tongue.gif

out of the options, which portable headphones would u recommend?

i m looking for one that can engage me in the music... in particular live and rock music...

i use a zen micro

i would suggest the grado sr60 for your kind of music. i have tried px200 and k26p but sr60 still wins over sound quality (this is subjective, of course!). i would consider bringing it ard with me but it cant fit into the headphone jack of my pda. But the sr60 is open and you can hear your surroundings when you're listening to it. However there's some isolation from ambient sound in the px200/k26p but still not that good as those iems.

lol.. yea

i m looking for one that is not too bulky especially cos i often doze off on the bus leaning on the window pane...

thus looking for portable model (something along px100 size)

lol.. yea

i m looking for one that is not too bulky especially cos i often doze off on the bus leaning on the window pane...

thus looking for portable model (something along px100 size)

The more you should get the Audio technicas, so in case you head hit onto the window panel, the cans will protect your head like the air bags. lol.gif

lol.. yea

The more you should get the Audio technicas, so in case you head hit onto the window panel, the cans will protect your head like the air bags.  lol.gif

wink.gif diaoz...

btw are u the guy at causeway point that electronic shop?

the guy in specs?

if u are, i think you have given me quite abit of insights into headphones before quite a few months back...

i tried the k24p too... smile.gif

but in the end got k12p and mdr888

seriously bro, any recommendations of such smaller cans anot? (px100?)

btw how different is k24 vs k26 other than the closed and semi open thing?

sound? comfort?

*screams: reviews! reviews! reviews!* rolleyes.gif

Edited by zhong