Sign in to follow this  
N3w_Typ3

Koss KSC 35 thin cables.

Hi guys and gals,

Well, I need some help. I got a Koss 35 and is pretty old so due to my mishandling, I think I damage the cable. I wanted to get the cable replace so I wonder anyone of you can help me out. I think that hardest part is looking for the thin cable.

If you can please do PM me with the fees you intend to charge so I can make a proper decision. Thanks alot

post-12-1137436114.gif

Edited by N3w_Typ3

If you want a thin cable, you will need to scavenge it from an unwanted pair of buds. That's what I did but it is quite difficult to solder, those tiny wires. So I dare not offer to help you do it. Don't wanna spoil your phones.

Hi thanks,

Hmm ... Squall has offered to help me .. by using cat 5e cables to work as replacement.

Well see how lor. wacko.gif

cat5!!! the computer cable? heard it's good for point to point soldering, hope it's good for headphone too. after fixing tell us the result ok? wink.gif

good luck

I was wondering, isn't it a bit too thick and stiff for use as headphone cables? Anyway, someone has to try it first. If it works, we will all learn. Just don't bend it often. I use Cat5 a lot in my work and it breaks if bent too often.

hmm

I've suggested him to use cat5e coz it's rather cheap

and I've used a solid core cat5 for my senns recabling (3m length).

it never break so far

if still worried, there's stranded cat5e. but again, have to consider the price

it doesnt make sense if u use very expensive cables for it

i told him, up for him to choose and just get anything cheap and yet good enough

Thanks for clarifying squalle. Where can get stranded cat5 in SG? I am also looking for teflon insulated cat5. Do you know if available in SG? TIA.

Thanks, Farnell means must buy whole reel and not just a little length. Problem if using it only for DIY. ohmy.gif

opps this sounds like trouble @@ But well I cannot wait to hear the Koss againz lolz

. happy.gif

do you need some rectal probe cable? i got some..haha

No problem what, only the probe go in, not the wires. lol.giflol.giflol.gif