Sign in to follow this  
bpribadi

ATH-CK7 >>Forged Titanium Body<<

Woo $120 is very cheap! laugh.gif

$120 for the CK7? Wah, I would buy them for sure if I coulda gotten them to fit my ear... which unfortunately they don't *cries*

Back when I got to test them, love the clarity of these phones, and the bass is VERY punchy IMO. smile.gif

It would be interested how does this compare against the RP-HJE70. Now i am seriously considering these two for portable use.

Not sure how true it is, but I heard that HJE70 is just a 're-housed' HJE50, so they sounded similar (supposed to share same driver), with HJE70 cost about 3.5x HJE50 for the aluminium housing.

Well, anyway, I would be interested to test HJE70 as well happy.gif

I don't think they are the same, even if they are, the bass have definitely been tweaked for the better.

I don't think they are the same, even if they are, the bass have definitely been tweaked for the better.

Don't mind to share your impression once you got chance to compare it with CK7? Always interesting to try HJE70, but no chance, and HungBros don't carry panasonic. To risky to spend so much money if we cannot test it.

Hmmm, maybe one day we should come up with a small little gathering between those who own the CK7 and HJE70?

Test tracks using WAV/FLAC/PCDP?

w00t! just got my ck7 from hung bros. laugh.gif

first impressions: the sound is bright. the sound is not as bassy as the hje-70. hje70 sounds more fun. ck7 sounds more analytical and has a more resolving treble and sounds more crisp. the ck7 also feels heavier than the hje70. ck7 tries to mimic shure canalphones by implemeting the over the ear cable wearing method. the earphones can be worn the normal way also, but i suspect they will fall out if there is movement due to the heavier weight.

a comparison pic between panasonic hje70 and audio technica ck7.

user posted image

Edited by DiGdUb

w00t! just got my ck7 from hung bros. laugh.gif

first impressions: the sound is bright. the sound is not as bassy as the hje-70. hje70 sounds more fun. ck7 sounds more analytical and has a more resolving treble and sounds more crisp. the ck7 also feels heavier than the hje70. ck7 tries to mimic shure canalphones by implemeting the over the ear cable wearing method. the earphones can be worn the normal way also, but i suspect they will fall out if there is movement due to the heavier weight.

Clarity and details-wise, which one do you prefer? =)

Also, which one do you think has a bigger soundstage? =)

Edited by Zephyron

Clarity and details-wise, which one do you prefer? =)

Also, which one do you think has a bigger soundstage? =)

clarity and details wise, ck7 wins the hje-70. hje-70 sounds grainy and more 'dirty' in the highs. ck7 sounds more crisp and analytical. i could hear slight nuances in the music i didn't hear on the hje70.

the hje70 has a narrower soundstage than the ck7. but this might be due to the shorter nozzle on the ck7, which makes for a less snug fit then the hje70.

After 2 days burn-in, CK7 sounds better, smoother high. Few days a ago I reduce the 4kHz by 2 stops and 16kHz by 1 stop, today I tried to play them flat, no EQ, and it sounds ok to my ears happy.gif , but EQ makes it sounds more natural, reducing the excessive 'sss'.

So try to burn-in your CK7 for about 2 days, it will sound more balance with smoother high rolleyes.gif It is still bright, but smoother after burn-in.

Edited by bpribadi

Went to Stereo Electronics today, spoke to Aron.

Initially wanted to buy the Etyomotic ER6i, (price at S$219) but settled for the ATH CK7 instead.

My initial response when I tested it with my Nano, wah BRIGHT ah, was listening to Zhang Yu, I switch to some female vocals, it sounded better, maybe recording of Zhang Yu sounded brighter.

To my surprise, vocals was smooth, crisp, imaging was clear.

IMHO I find Aron very friendly & helpful, he didnt try to push for sale.

As I walked around Causeway Pt, I can hear & focus on the music very clearly amidst the crowded place.

user posted image

Adjust the 4kHz and 16kHz a bit, it will sounds more natural

4kHz -2 stops, 16kHz -1 stop biggrin.gif That the best EQ setup in my MuVo.

Went to Jaben yesterday, tried Westone UM2 and Ety ER6... Guess what... I'm glad I bought CK7 biggrin.gif

UM2 is not for me, I like balance sounding headphone, and to my ears, UM2 bass masks the midrange and the treble. The midbass sounds muddy and a bit boomy, and soundstage is narrower compare to CK7. UM2 bass is just too much and out of proportion to my ears. UM2 is really not for those who like vocal. Clarity, balance, and bass quality, CK7 wins. While CK7 is a bit too bright to my ears, minimum EQ adjustment made it sounds right.

ER6 is something like EC7, very weak bass, with nice midrange and treble. I like bass, so again, eventhough CK7 mid and high not as nice as the ER6 and EC7, but it is more balance overall.

So now I'm a happy CK7 owner biggrin.gif

Edited by bpribadi