Sign in to follow this  
bpribadi

ATH-CK7 >>Forged Titanium Body<<

are you sure these things need burning in?

i read that iems like shure and etys don't require burn in. Not sure abt these.

Yes they do and need buring in. It uses dynamic drivers instead of amature drivers. But i dun think its one for the bass head. unsure.gif

Yes they do and need buring in. It uses dynamic drivers instead of amature drivers. But i dun think its one for the bass head. unsure.gif

Despite it's small size, the Bass is incredible cool.gif The level of bass loudness is very realistic, comparable to my Grado RS-1 w00t.gif my Grado excels in the Bass detail, but not much. And the Grado cost more than 10 times CK7. I usually always boost the bass on my MP3 player when using my Sony MDR-E888 or Audio Technica ATH-EW9, but with ATH-CK7, I set it flat, no EQ needed cool.gif Yes, the Bass is that good! Low and mid bass are big and realistic, the best for the price!

I compare it with my friend Sony MDR-EX81SL, CK7 beats EX81 in all department down to the ground biggrin.gif Now my friend is trying to sell his EX81SL laugh.gif

Mid and High is on the average quality, but nice and detailed.

Full review coming soon! wink.gif

Sorry, I promised Douglas from Hung Brothers not to reveal the special price he gave me wink.gif

The price tag is SGD 159.- from there you can get around 20-25% discount, or more if you know them well wink.gif If you read my reply above, i indicated there that the RS-1 cost more than 10 times CK7, so you can guess how much it cost happy.gif

But please note, as with most of in ear canal headphone, it has to fit your ears well. It comes with 3 sizes of rubber, so I think one of them will fit your ears. For example I use the middle size, when I tried the small one, the bass gone, because it didn't fit my ears.

The midrange is not as good as my Sony MDR-E888, but MUCH better than Sony EX81SL. The CK7 MID and HIGH has a little bit more detail and more open than the MDR-E888, but MDR-E888 sounds more natural. The high is the bright type, but not metallic (at least after 20 hours burn-in). So the MID and HIGH are average quality, still enjoyable but nothing special on the MID and HIGH. I hear a rise on mid-high, the 'sss' sound from the vocalist is a bit too much. I like midrange, and CK7 Mid is acceptable enough to replace my MDR-E888. Overall, it is a very fun canal phone, and it stays in my bag biggrin.gif

Will write full review when time permit, know still A-B ing CK7 with my other headphones wink.gif

Edited by bpribadi

wow great deal

now i will consider between

- ATH-CK7

- Creative EP630

- Sennheiser CX300

It would be interested how does this compare against the RP-HJE70. Now i am seriously considering these two for portable use.

It would be interested how does this compare against the RP-HJE70. Now i am seriously considering these two for portable use.

Not sure how true it is, but I heard that HJE70 is just a 're-housed' HJE50, so they sounded similar (supposed to share same driver), with HJE70 cost about 3.5x HJE50 for the aluminium housing.

Well, anyway, I would be interested to test HJE70 as well happy.gif