Sign in to follow this  
bpribadi

ATH-CK7 >>Forged Titanium Body<<

^Aha, sounds to me like the congestation problem with dynamic driver based IEMs o.O

Its not so bad with te CK7 I admit, I face the same problem with the CK7 when listening to Dakota Star's (then Daiki Kasho, Gran Turismo 4) What to Believe, musical part after the chorus. This is the part where the song gets real busy, and the CK7 gets a little congested. Its way worse on cheaper IEMs in my experience (EX51/71, EX81, HJE50, LMX-E630, EP630). The ER4p can do things better mainly because it uses a balanced armature driver, and I loved the ER6i, but chose the CK7 for its comfort and microphonics elimination instead smile.gif

I know about 'Dogfight', must listen to it one day for myself since I don't have the song.

Treble muddiness? Wah, I'm a bit shocked here, especially when I thought the highs are equal the ER6i ohmy.gif

Edited by Zephyron

the ck7 do not sound muddy to me either. the highs are rather crisp. compared with the hje-70, the hje-70 sounds grainy.

Maybe its the higher impedence adaptor you used. Try amping it or use a discman. One thing for sure, CK7 dun sound like a HJE50 to me. headphone.gif It sound more like a ER6i with more treble, a little recess mids and more bass.

great piece of leisure LOL.

got them at $110 at Jade Gift.

Out of the box : can feel the great difference between my Cresyn LMX630 lol

burning in progress.

Afbug, Thanx for the kind suggestions. I'm sure the impedance adapter is not the cause cuz i have tested it with a few of my sources (AC97, SBA2NX w SSRC resampler and Nomad Muvo) all running without the cable, but i still get the problem.

Digidub, the ck7s are not exactly muddy in the normal sense since it doesnt sound blurry or what, but i feel the cymbals and many high-frequency synth sounds aren't really accurate presentations. I'm not sure if it's the attack or the decay or a mix of both that's wrong. What i do know is that if a song gets busy, it starts to get very cluttered up in the high frequencies, which can also be what Zephyron describes as "congestion problem". Why I thought it is different from a normal congestion problem is because those instruments don't sound natural to me even when the music is lighter, and because the cymbals (I'm referring to the small high frequency cymbals that are usually hit repeatedly to set a rhythm) still seem to have an attack/decay problem when the music's slower, I thought that was a sign of muddiness, just that this muddiness seems to be restricted to a very small frequency spectrum which I am not good at isolating. And yup, I guess this problem would be worse with the cheaper IEMs, which is why I always have mixed feelings about them. CK7 is clearly better than them. If not for this issue, I'd have given them a huge thumbs-up...

The HJE70s are with my friend now so I can't really make an accurate comparison. Will do that later this week.

Edited by kkx2

I think it is important that we get one fact in perspective when we compare phones etc. Taste is something very personal and subjective. What I like may not be what you like.

And with phones, there are so many other factors, taste in music, preference in colouration (is anything perfect?), the colouration of the source and amp, the colouration from the cables etc. So what is perfect and correct sounding music?

Even among sound engineers there are differences in opinion. You just have to listen to CDs from different studios and engineers, there are differences discernable. So while we can read the views of others etc, at the end of it all, it is up to your own ears to tell you if you like it. biggrin.gif

Listening to the phones right now, I think it is just lacking the airiness of open phones but then this is an IEM so can't compare with phones like DT880 for example. I am thankful my old ears aren't so sensitive to highs so they don't sound too bright to me. Bram, you still very young lah. biggrin.gif

got them at $110 at Jade Gift.

Great price. Where is Jade Gift?

After some running in, the ck7 definitely prove to be a quality earphone at the price. Detail is the word I'll use to describe this set of phones, it has relatively good bass and I'm not talking in terms of the quantity but the quality but I do remember getting better bass from my previous shure E2c which now I'm starting to regret selling it to my brother. hammer.gif Comfort wise, I prefer the E2c too, although the built is much better on the CK7 but comfort to me is almost more important than sound.

Maybe it needs more running in..... meanwhile I'm still listening more with my Grado SR-80. headphone.gif

heady : at shaw towers. im afraid its the last pair, but no harm trying out few days later or so, i guess they might get in more of it.

heady : at shaw towers. im afraid its the last pair, but no harm trying out few days later or so, i guess they might get in more of it.

Thanks ahdui, already got a pair but heard good things about Jade Gift so many times, so must remember this lobang.

lol do help each other in finding out the best price for your hearing leisure!

and also save more money $_$

Edited by ahdui

yea, jade gift shop do bring in some less common phones. they have the pioneer cl20 and cl30 canalphones, which is the only place i've seen them being sold in sg.

good things about Jade Gift so many times

Let's put it this way, it was my regular haunt during my teenage to adolescence days since 25 years ago! I've gotten all my walkman, discman, digital diary etc from Jade Gift shop. At that time, it's the place where one will get a cheaper price and most importantly, allow trial of their audio products.

Out of the box : can feel the great difference between my Cresyn LMX630 lol

share what's the diff leh? significant or to foot out the 50$ from a cresyn lol