Sign in to follow this  
bpribadi

Professional Audio

We have home, portable, and PC audio sections, what do you guys think if we also have section for Professional Audio ? wink.gif

Can you define Professional Audio & what it encompasses?

bpribadi,

What you suggest is of course possible but I feel the number of professional equipment that are actually used by sgheadphone members are small and will already fall into one of the other categories.

Studio headphones -> Home equipment

Studio monitors -> Home equipment

Studio Amps -> home as well

Again I have no objections for this but I do feel the number would be very small to warrent a forum of its own. Furthermore several members have apperent great difficulity in even understanding our current forums. You'll often find portable equipment and even PC equipment being discussed in the home equipment forum.

Tell you what, you post a poll here and if you can gather a small number of say 30 or so yes votes, we mods will discuss it futher :-) and you'll probably get your wish.

I still find it strange why can't we classify it as equipments>Headphones,Amps,Source

Isn't it neater? My first day here was abit confusing as I had no idea where headphones should go to. Headfi seems to have done that well.

My 1st day here i dare not even post! Waited for a month or so then post and after figuering out how the forum works.

I think all headphones, portable or home should be in a subforum. The other electronics in their own subforum. Easier to understand. I mean, not all ppl will know that PX100 goes to portable section. For me, i don't know where HD205 will fit which forum. Big enough to be considered mid size but can be portable. If i use Grados as portable, should they belong to the portable forum as well?

At first i thought portables was for portable players only like MP3 players.

Pro Audio normally associated with studio, sound reinforcement, live setup, etc. So we can learn more than headphones happy.gif I just feel that headphone alone is a bit too limited for discussion, more topics more knowledge and more fun biggrin.gif Like learning about professional mixers, line array speakers, microphones, etc. biggrin.gif so many things to learn tongue.gif It will invite more people, more sponsors wink.gif And the knowledge might be usefull for some people career.

About interest, maybe poll is not the right way for interest check, since at the moment it will be limited to our members only. But when the topics is known to be available in sgheadphones, it will invite more people of that interest.

But maybe this forum might not be the right place, since headphone is the main topics. And Rameish is right, a small portion of it like studio stuff can be discuss in already availble subforums.

Anyway just a suggestion and interest check rolleyes.gif

Perhaps we can categorize studio mixers. parametric eqs, feedback destroyers, power conditioners etc under <Equipment> for now, until such time the number of threads on pro audio equipment justifies having its own section.

But I do agree to we could simply lump all ear buds, IEMs, headphones and headsets under one category <Headphones>.

Edited by Mackie