Sign in to follow this  
yongchris

Alessandro Dealer in SG

So I was down in Adelphi today, walking around before attending a concert at Esplanade when I happened upon this little shop called Jaben on the 4th floor. The stuff displayed at the window were extremely interesting to say the least. Loads of heaphone gear, of course the thing that drew my eye was the Alessandro's on display. Having some free time, I walked in to chat with the owner. Turns out this is the same company that's distributing Dr Amp (which I reviewed in hwm last year) and they are doing Westone and Alessandro on top of the usual brands we see on the shelves.

Wilson is the name of the guy running the show, and he was pretty cool to talk to. Very Friendly Guy, and even though he knew I wasn't going to buy anything, he let me listen to most of the stuff on hand. Very un-adelphi-like shop I would say, and I had a good time. I didn't have enough time to listen to the Alessandros, cos I spent all my time on the Westones and an Amp called 'icute' from Firestone. I shall be going back there again soon to check out the rest of his gear. I really want to listen to the alessandros before I decide to buy, been waiting for a chance to try them out for ages.

I did not ask prices though wink.gif cos I said I wasn't going to buy anything. Definitely worth a look if any of you pop down to adelphi anytime soon.

Chris

PS: I have no association or relation to this shop. And I REALLY need to go to SE at causeway point, but it's sooo far.... *sigh*

I saw the shop the other day when I went down to the area. Alas, it was not open.

I was extremely interested in aqquiring the MAM-A CDR media (Mitsui Gold Archival Grade media) if it's available for a reasonable price.

They have a somewhat basic website: Jaben Network

Went to Jaben yesterday and got my first decent headphone Alessandro MS1 from Wilson ... he got my vote for the friendliest guy in Adelphi.

As for the MS1 ... great can. I was tossed between the Grado SR80 and the MS1 for my ipod, decision was finally made after reading through all the feedbacks in sgheadphones. Thanks guys.

hmm... how much do they cost at jaben?

do they pair well with your iPod?

Lucy guys.. Just last year ther isnt any Alessandro dealers here and we have got them overseas.. laugh.gif Ms-1 is definitely a much balance with richer resolution and not that bright as grado SR80. cool.gif

Paid almost the same price as I would online for the MS1.

I didn't enquire about the MS2i though, was out of my budget. Do call Wilson if you have enquiries (number on his website), a real nice chap.

been there once, tried Mpro or something drived by icute. they also have some senn and akg phones.

boss is very nice and he likes K1000 cool.gif

Absolute0, I would suggest that you go down personally and have a listen and talk to Wilson. It would be quite unfair to him to reveil too much here, other than to say that he makes offers which are very hard to reject. Consequently, I have upped the ante and gotten the MS Pros!

Thanks, cmk. I'd rather stay away because I'm afraid I would fall to temptation and do the same! laugh.gif