Sign in to follow this  
Mackie

Introduction: Beyerdynamic DT990 (2006 edition)

I was recently informed that Beyer DT990 (2006 version) are now available at AA but I have yet to see and hear it for myself. As usual, Albert offered me a pair for trial and he seeks my opinions, be them good or bad. As yet, my main doubts arise from the S$100 price premium of DT990 over DT880 (2006 edition). Aesthetically, this may be justifiable as Albert told me the fins by the cups are made of steel and not plastic as I perceived from pictures. Albert told me he was blown away by the 990's performance over 880. Taking it with a pinch of salt for now, I will come back with a detailed review as ever. Till then, lets have a preliminary look of the old and new DT990.

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Mackie

No pics?? ohmy.gifwacko.gif

Edit - augh! After I post this and refresh, the pics appear. blush.gifblush.gif

Edited by heady

Hi Rameish, impedance of the new 990 remain at 250 ohms. According to Beyer's official website, the new premium DT770/880/990 series can be tailor-made to each buyer in the areas of impedance, colour and model plates. Of course, he/she must expect to pay a premium for these services.

Edited by Mackie

DT990, be it old or new, is open design. This explains the "venetian blinds" of the cups.