Sign in to follow this  
nakedtoes

Just got this from Ma6Jia

user posted imagelaugh.gif

It sound very very warm.. Vocals rule!!!.. Bass got the slaming effect but somehow abit muddy.. Details not that apparant as my Headsave Classic. Maybe they are not fully burn in yet... But i can hear improvement as the time pass.. Going to sleep with my RS-1 tonight... yawn.gif

Listening them now with the RS-1.. the mids are like liquid flowing... very smooth and plentiful.. party.gif

Very spacious for the soundstage... the details started to be more pronouce now. wub.gif

yO`,i got this too! For around 1mth?I think.

I only find that the midrange sounds abit too soft. THe vocal and the highs are good.

The bass is ok,still got room for improvement though. =)

Edited by edwinywh

Got a price on that baby? im in the market for a cheap tubed headphone amp again tongue.gif

I only find that the midrange sounds abit too soft.

This is a surprise cos I don't find it so. Then again, its the whole system that's in concern and not just the amp. Perhaps we can explore this together after you tell us the rest of your system?

I only find that the midrange sounds abit too soft.

This is a surprise cos I don't find it so. Then again, its the whole system that's in concern and not just the amp. Perhaps we can explore this together after you tell us the rest of your system?

yO`,

I'm using Grado SR80 with this nice tube amp.

I'm thinking of upgrading to SR225 to be used with this amp again. What do u guys think of it?

And also,I planned to get a Ha1a and use this Xiang Sheng as preamp into Ha1a.What do u guys think of this too?

What tubes would you guys recommended for tube roll?? Thanks!

This is one amp headfi members discovered tube rolls simply changes the amp's sound characteristics and not necessarily better. In fact I concur with their findings as the stock tubes are best for the amp. Google search the specs of these tubes and you will realise these are highly regarded tubes. I once read an article from a HK audiophile website where the administrator actually visited the factory that produced the tubes in China and spoke with the designer. Two thumbs up from him.

yO`,

I'm using Grado SR80 with this nice tube amp.

I'm thinking of upgrading to SR225 to be used with this amp again. What do u guys think of it?

And also,I planned to get a Ha1a and use this Xiang Sheng as preamp into Ha1a.What do u guys think of this too?

You forgot to tell us your source. Garbage in, garbage out, applies. Hence, your source is the head of the chain and thus important.

HA-1A is itself an integrated and pre-amp. Your can't partner the 708B with it.

Edited by Mackie

Anyone here knows how would this compare to a MF Xcan V3 or the ming da 66?

I don't guage the quality of a product by price, after all prices are based on supply and demand, marketing and production cost. However, given the huge price gap between XiangSheng 708B (<S$300) and MF Xcans V3 (>S$600), the pressure is on the latter. Mingda will be a strong if not stronger contender.

Edited by Mackie

I knida know its quite an unfair to the 708B, but what I want to know is how does the 3 of them compare in sound cos I have not been able to find any. especially abt the ming da. Should one buy a brand new ming da or a used MF Xcan v3?