Sign in to follow this  
Irfan87

Grado SR 225

Hey guys. Im new to headphones and stuff like that, ive always been using earphones. As you all know they are loud, yes, but sound quality aint that great. Some of my friends reccomend Grado SR 225. Any idea where i can get them and hw much will they cost? Thanks.

I just got my MS2 from JABEN Why don't you try out the MS2 as well. And, the uncle gave me a very very nice present biggrin.gif

The reason being a student is therefore, "poor" does not hold truth anymore. Just scan through this forum or attend forum meetings and you shall see. tongue.gif

The reason being a student is therefore, "poor" does not hold truth anymore. Just scan through this forum or attend forum meetings and you shall see. 

You haven't seen us poor students scrimp and save every cent... tongue.gif

Since I joined this forum, I seen lots of students who own "blow-me-down and where-the-hell-did-they-get-the-money" cans that even I salivate.

Well, you haven't seen the money those born in the 1960s get for their pocket money (if any...most of the time, food packed from home) during school days and $85 we get during NS. Frankly, I didn't even have a cent to scrimp. My first hifi was casette deck which cost me $50 and I gotta pay 2 month installment to my officer (NSF). tongue.gifblush.gif

Oh my, I'm guilty of OT...Back to SR225, shall we?

Edited by Mackie

Since I joined this forum, I seen lots of students who own "blow-me-down and where-the-hell-did-they-get-the-money" cans that even I salivate.

Well, you haven't seen the money those born in the 1960s get for their pocket money (if any...most of the time, food packed from home) during school days and $85 we get during NS.  Frankly, I didn't even have a cent to scrimp.  My first hifi was casette deck which cost me $50 and I gotta pay 2 month installment to my officer (NSF).   tongue.gif  blush.gif

Oh my, I'm guilty of OT...Back to SR225, shall we?

Times are different. laugh.gif These days, students uses $300-$500 earphones/headphones. Some own $3000 ones. During my schooling days, got a $40 Aiwa pipephone happy liao. I never even see a Sennheiser before during my school days, let along a Grado or AKG or Ety.

Actually i can lose all my earphones or headphones i got. As long as i have my Aiwa HP-J7 vertical pipephone can already. Got value to me. The earphone saw me grew up. headphone.gif

So what about a SR225? smoke.gif The only concern is your ears cannot taking the blasting. Will go deaf faster.

Edited by afbug

afbug

I think the question really is to determine what you intend to use these cans for?

What are you hooking up the cans to?

What type of music do you listen to?

Then the old birds can give you a suitable recommendation for your useage.

cmk, actually its not me. The threadstarter wants to know SR225 can blast or not. headphone.gif

As long as i have my Aiwa HP-J7 vertical pipephone can already

Wow!! This brings back lots of memories.....my one and only Aiwa ear buds amongst years and years of different Sony ear buds for my walkman. This Aiwa sounded really really good despite not having the aesthetics of Sony flagship earbuds. Cheap too!

Irfan87: I suspect you tend to go loud with your portable because your present cans/ear buds do not give you the isolation you need. Look at closed back cans or IEMs, in fact, you will develop a tendency to lower the volume once you hear what you wanna hear in a quieter pair of cans. This suggests SR225 or open back designs may not be your cup of tea but you could always audition it to be sure.

Edited by Mackie