Sign in to follow this  
Stereo_Electronics

Below $50 but Grado SR-60 standard sound

Today a customer came over to try some headphones, some headphones he tested,

1. Grado SR-60

2. Grado SR-80

3. Sennheiser HD-201

As some expected, after listened to the SR-60, the HD-201 wasn't in he's list.

Problem is, he need a sub $50 headphone with similar standard of the Grado SR-60.... any recommendations?

Depends much on his tastes actually. I'm thinking that he likes rock because of the Grados.

Hmm, why not try letting him use the KSC75? With sponge modded with a 20 cent hole in the centre.

I think that guy is hinting at you to lower the price of grado SR60. My advice to him would be "Save the money and you won't regret the expenditure".

Edited by Mackie

I think that guy is hinting at you to lower the price of grado SR60. My advice to him would be "Save the money and you won't regret the expenditure".

Or monitor the classifieds here and in echoloft. Ocassionally got SR60 for sale. In fact tempted to sell my SR60 and DT880 to fund the DT990.

I think that guy is hinting at you to lower the price of grado SR60.  My advice to him would be "Save the money and you won't regret the expenditure".

Or monitor the classifieds here and in echoloft. Ocassionally got SR60 for sale. In fact tempted to sell my SR60 and DT880 to fund the DT990.

As per my review, maybe I should sell all my cans at all-time low prices and fund the DT990. After all, it simply surpasses all of them. Just a thought which I fear to carry out. laugh.gif

Nike - Just do it. thumbup1.gif

Since when you assumed the role of agent provocateur? You always good boy, until now... naughty.gif

I think that guy is hinting at you to lower the price of grado SR60.  My advice to him would be "Save the money and you won't regret the expenditure".

As per my review, maybe I should sell all my cans at all-time low prices and fund the DT990. After all, it simply surpasses all of them. Just a thought which I fear to carry out. laugh.gif

blink.gif You make those DT990 sound like a $25 000 HE90...I guess you'll have more than enough moeny if you sell all of your cans for the new DT990? I read in another thread that thier MSRP is $499.

per my review, maybe I should sell all my cans at all-time low prices and fund the DT990. After all, it simply surpasses all of them. Just a thought which I fear to carry out. 

Hur hur hur.... happy.giflaugh.gif

"do eet.... DO EET..." laugh.gif

I figure that I'll take the SR80 off you if prices are reasonable for collection sake... tongue.gif PM me an offer if you wish to, I am serious! yes.gif

Edited by Username

blink.gif You make those DT990 sound like a $25 000 HE90...I guess you'll have more than enough moeny if you sell all of your cans for the new DT990? I read in another thread that thier MSRP is $499.

Can confirm that that's what I heard the price of the DT990 at AA is. And they were so good. I am trying not to get tempted... sad1.gifno.gif must not spend more money.... no.gifno.gifno.gif

You make those DT990 sound like a $25 000 HE90...I guess you'll have more than enough moeny if you sell all of your cans for the new DT990? I read in another thread that thier MSRP is $499.

Just a joke dude. I could simply sell a pair of interconnects to fund this purchase, if I have to.

Frankly speaking, I think it's the best and most musical Beyer cans to date. It's my personal preference and findings. It's not meant to induce or influence anyone to concur. Even if you don't trust my opinions, check out cmk's opinions. He's another seasoned audiophile that garners respect not only here but also in echoloft. I'm sure some of you here might have encountered his pair of "Eyeballs" in his dedicated music room. Heady is another senior guy...hint, hint......wink.gif

Edited by Mackie

Heady is another senior guy...hint, hint......wink.gif

huh.gifhuh.gif Does "senior" means smarter? No lah, the "old" can be foolish too. lol.gif