trashley

PC speakers

i'll be getting new speakers for my pc but i can't decide which. budget is $300. below are some of my shortlisted sets, plz update me if there is a better option.

* Klipsch GMX 2.1 (???)

* Altec Lansing MX5021 (???)

* Altec Lansing FX6021 ($269)

* JBL SoundCreature II ($169)

* AE Aego-M ($$$)

would be used mainly for music and watching videos. a good bass would be nice. any help rendered is greatly appreciated. thanks.

Edited by trashley

id recommend the aego m or the gmx..

bass wise.. the gmx 2.1

2 hands up for aego M ($398 at sls)

its abit costy but from the reviews of it at other places, its worth the investment.

Woo hoo hoo!

I was asking that question last month.

And ever since i got the Aego-M...i never looked back.

Truly like someone told me...it was EARgasm.

Bass-wise i do not think gmx is good at all...all muddy and no detail...

the Aego-M has 3 levels of bass for u to choose, the highest giving me more than even i can bare (and i'm a basshead).

The gmx seem to have very recessed highs and mids, with muddy bloated bass... but i suppose many consumers would be wowed by it's bass...until they hear the Aego-M that is smile.gif

As for the Bose Companion 3, i rather like how they sound, but for over $400...it's madness.

I mean...it cannot compare with the Aego-M in terms of sound quality alone. It seems to me to have boosted highs and bass, which sounds pleasant, but i feel Aego-M has more Hi-Fi quality to its sound.

If u're greedy, like me, and want highs, mids AND bass, go for the Aego-M.

The only thing you're sacrificing is your cash.

If possible, go look for ADA885. This now rare speaker rox... The 8" downfiring subwoofer gives you amazing bass...

Edited by Kippei

bro FizBan: how much did u pay for ur aego-m?

i got a fren dealing in high end sound systems, was hoping that he could get a good price from the distributor if i can do a MO.

After some listening with my gf's Aego-Ms, I find they have an incredible presence. Not sure what it's down to, but when doing OSTs it really brings the music to life, especially anything with choral bits. Kinda itching to switch to them, but my current speakers are doing well, if not quite having the same presence. tongue.gif

If you're looking for a 5.1 system under $200, the Altec vs 5100 might be good. I have that set. Its really fun and they have massive bass.

I guess if it were me i'd go with the 5021, i've always wanted to get that system.