Sign in to follow this  
afbug

My 15min fling with the Creative AURVANA

Back to topic, we have 1 despairing review by iDespair (sorry, bad pun), a good impression by Master Bug and a bad impression by aegisofrime (who respectively were using a powerful source (Shuffle) and a pretty weak source (PSP)). I have a feeling that the source may have something to do with the overall quality as well, since the Shuffle can drive just about anything low to mid easily, whereas the PSP has a hard time driving even low impedance phones IMO (testbed was the CK7 and K27i).

ADD/EDIT: Chris, if that's the case, mind loaning me the Aurvana? laugh.gif

I didn't know that. tongue.gif Ok, disregard my review. Also I will like to add that I was auditioning the Aurvana using rock songs, if that makes a difference. Specifically, Taking Back Sunday's "My Blue Heaven" and Weezer's "O Girlfriend".

Zephyron, tell your brother about the Acer 5672. Really good deal for gaming laugh.gif

Edited by aegisofrime

I'd would have liked to go these few days, but school time XP

2D animation, 3D modelling and 3D animation all cannot skip, too important to miss O_O

I know about the weekend crowd, been used to it for many years of PC shows and some anime fairs held at weekends at either the Expo or Suntec.

Back to topic, we have 1 despairing review by iDespair (sorry, bad pun), a good impression by Master Bug and a bad impression by aegisofrime (who respectively were using a powerful source (Shuffle) and a pretty weak source (PSP)). I have a feeling that the source may have something to do with the overall quality as well, since the Shuffle can drive just about anything low to mid easily, whereas the PSP has a hard time driving even low impedance phones IMO (testbed was the CK7 and K27i).

Right now though, just waiting for yongchris' review about it, then next week go again to Stereo Electronics to audition to further my impressions o.O

Zephyron, I've submitted my review to my editor already. sad to say, it'll only be published in July's issue. The Aurvana's are basically going West wink.gif

But I don't despair in agreeing with much of iDespair's review. Like I said above, I wouldn't use it even if it were given to me. And there is no way I will be spending $200 on them. The UM1 and even the E2 is a wiser choice.

The only good thing I forsee about this release by Creative is that more people will be exposed to in-ears. Which will eventually lead to them (hopefully) learning about better brands like Shure, Ety, Westone and UE. I only hope that the poor people won't get suckered into buying them and regreting.

At the end of the day, I'm most disappointed in the pricing. $235 is more than 2times the US price. Even iPods are not priced 2x more than the US price (the ratio is about 1:1.8. Considering that there ARE singaporeans who support creative because it's a local brand, I feel that their pricing policy is quite demeaning to their loyal fans. At the end of the day, Creative is a singapore brand, and if anything, they should start with singapore prices, then convert them to US prices, and not the other way around. Even if this release is targeted at the US market (hence the $99USD price), they should not penalise their own by putting such an exorbitant conversion rate.

ADD/EDIT: Chris, if that's the case, mind loaning me the Aurvana? laugh.gif

I didn't know that. tongue.gif Ok, disregard my review. Also I will like to add that I was auditioning the Aurvana using rock songs, if that makes a difference. Specifically, Taking Back Sunday's "My Blue Heaven" and Weezer's "O Girlfriend".

Zephyron, tell your brother about the Acer 5672. Really good deal for gaming laugh.gif

it afbug brother wanting to buy lappy. anyway, shuffle is really powerful. it can drive iM716 (hard to drive) more than h10 could. impressive

afbug, if you think that putting their aurvana's next to the E2 and E3 is daring, you should've seen what they did in the press con I attended....

I'm pretty curious. What did they do?

mayb e4? haha

aegisofrime: When has my brother got anything to do with gaming? o.O *lol*

He's still in NS as a poor MP back at CMPB tho, little time for gaming till he ORD laugh.gif

yongchris: Hmm, ouch, that means cannot loan XP

Why can't it be like UE where they gave the peeps who tour their factory and write a review for their earphones a free UE SuperFi 5Pro laugh.gif

Woops Zephyron bad mistake. I confused you and afbug. Hahaha. tongue.gif

Incidentally, I getting enlisted soon, so damn stressed. Wanted to buy a new pair of cans to reduce stress. Haha!

Woops Zephyron bad mistake. I confused you and afbug. Hahaha. tongue.gif

Incidentally, I getting enlisted soon, so damn stressed. Wanted to buy a new pair of cans to reduce stress. Haha!

wa... everytime stress get a new can... rolleyes.gif

Woops Zephyron bad mistake. I confused you and afbug. Hahaha.  tongue.gif

wa... everytime stress get a new can... rolleyes.gif

Haha no, because enlistment is only like one week away. It's the next stage of life, so I was thinking of getting new cans to usher in a new chapter.

Planned to get UM1 from Wilson, but got one stupid MC nearby. Grrrr. Can't hear anything!

^

I'll take it you just finished Poly. JC batches should have gone in earlier in the year.

Anyways, if its Poly you're from, you should be going Tekong unless otherwise stated. Be warned about bringing expensive stuff in tho. Thieves may abound from other platoons, and when you report your item is missing, the whole company gets screwed and you might get hated for screwing the company up. Happens all the time to poor people (lucky not me).

Yup, just finished Diploma in Biotechnology from NP. Going to BMT school 2.

Thanks for the advice, will keep in mind. smile.gif I'm not planning to bring anything expensive anyway, and my cellphone is a cheapo 6510.

Hmm... I take it you finished your NS and now doing University?

Anyway this is getting kinda off-topic liao. Hope to hear your experience with the Aurvana after Saturday Zephyron! Have a nice curve to go along with it like your CK32 too tongue.gif

huh? What army and tekong? This is about earphones la. Dun turn it into something like my HWZ thread. no.gifhammer.gifbeer.gif Mods have to come in and sweep floor.

aegisofrime, thanks for your PC reccomendation. I'll let him know.

Sorry afbug it was my fault. I mentioned that I was getting cans because I'm getting enlisted so they gave me some helpful advice.

Ok people, back on topic with Creative's trump card! tongue.gif

Me = king of OT XD

Anyways, back to topic, why not come along again to try auditioning the Aurvana with a different source?

Evian Vortex and I confirm going, I suppose Master Bug should be coming as well. Kind of curious about the synergy between the PINT and the Aurvana and the Shuffle w/ the Aurvana. Just for kicks, I'll also test the Aurvana with the MuVo TX FM. Sekali got special synergy with Creative players laugh.gif

Sorry afbug it was my fault. I mentioned that I was getting cans because I'm getting enlisted so they gave me some helpful advice.

Ok people, back on topic with Creative's trump card! tongue.gif

You can start another thread on 'Cans for tekong' and surely many will give advises. tongue.gif

Creative's trump card? I'm not sure yet. Have to listen to them for yourself. SE will be the better place to try them. Make sure Aron is around. headphone.gif

I'll let you guys know my schedule on Sat tomorrow.

Ok, I might be going again tomorrow with my friend's MuVo 2 and his PA2V2. Just be careful with bringing amps. Once the MRT security guard thought the PA2V2 which I borrowed from my friend was a bomb rolleyes.gif