Sign in to follow this  
afbug

My 15min fling with the Creative AURVANA

Well, I bought the Creative Auvana. I ran out of comply tips for my UM2 and was looking for something to tide me over until the custom tips arrive for my UM2 :dance:

My source is a Creative Vision:M. My first impressions were underwhelming. As someone described, it sounds "honky", there's something missing in the mids and treble, so it sounds a tad hollow and recessed. The sound is "not bad", it's better (IMHO) than some of the canal phones I've heard. However, for a pair of 'phones that cost more than S$200.00, I certainly expected something better. Perhaps it's an unfair comparison, but when pitched against the Westone UM2, it is no contest :)) The lushness and sheer musicality of the UM2 sound totally blows away the Auvana :bash:

Then I plugged it into an amp. It's a no-name amp from Korea that uses rechargeable Li-Ion batteries. I bought it from Wilson at Jaben, and I suspect that it's probably the amp that was included in the recent UM2 promotion -_-

Wow....what a difference. The soundstage really opened up. It sounds less congested. The bass is tighter and the highs are a tad more extended. It almost sounds...*gasp*...good :call: Not as good as a UM2, and maybe even a UM1. but it certainly is a lot more listenable.

I also have a 2nd generation Xin Supermicro. I would love to try the Auvana's on it, but I ran out of AAA batteries :whistle:

the amp frm jaben is known as crossroad hp-1...

Issit the one with the blue power led? With this one super smooth metal knob and it's all in black? The uncle at Jaben let me try them today. Quite an interesting experience.

Issit the one with the blue power led? With this one super smooth metal knob and it's all in black? The uncle at Jaben let me try them today. Quite an interesting experience.

yup... it tt one... those without any print on the main case is the 1st batch... wilson told me later batch will haf the brand and model print on...

yup... it tt one... those without any print on the main case is the 1st batch... wilson told me later batch will haf the brand and model print on...

congrats, chiu ish got the limited first print, lol :lol:

Update: Xenos REP with Cardas HPI interconnect - and the Auvana sounds even better?! :blink:

Bass is tighter and more defined, the mids filled out a little more. Thank goodness it's not a total write-off then B)