Sign in to follow this  
afbug

My 15min fling with the Creative AURVANA

i try it ytd using my h10 for abt 1 track length for each IEM. was comparing between my iM716, UM1, E2, E3 and Aurvana.... after the testing, i'll get the shure, um1 and im716 anytime over aurvana anytime. nt tt aurvana is nt gd.. aurvana bass is strong. mid in between Er6i and UM1. but i think there is high roll off lyk the UM1. Aurvana is comfy. but easy to pull off frm ear and the isolation is nt tt great as compare. and i notice there is no filter on Aurvana. OMG... wad if the ear wax gt in and clog up the driver

?E2 main problem is the roll off high and size of the driver make it slightly uncomfy to wear as compare to others.

E3 however to my surprize, there is bass although abit lacking as compare to Aurvana.. the sound of E3 is warmer den Aurvana is wad i prefer. haven gt a chance to try E4 yet.

iM716 is my personal IEM. the clarity win all the IEM stated above by alot. but due to the high impedence, it hard to drive and it need a amp to shine. wif my h10 max out, iM716 only at my listening comfort vol.

UM1 i'm trying at jaben using the same track. the um1 is using comply tips so isolation is nt so gd for me. thus i cant comment much at dis time.

if u r able to get Aurvana at $159, it a gd steal )i believe staff price even cheaper). else u can try iM716 off amazon lyk wad i did for $147 in my case. at $189 > range, i'll go um1, Er6i or iM716 (if u intend to amp it)

Waaa they drop the price so fast. lol. tongue.gif E3 got bass but too low for its mids for me.

Edit:

But seriously, i dun expect the Aurvana to dislodge the ER6i/UM1 as best buy under $180.

Then again, ER6i cost approx $220 in SG. Only UM1 beats it at approx $170. If the Aurvana cost under $150, it is quite a good buy to me.

At the end of the day, it is the user that will determine if its good or not. smoke.gif

Edited by afbug

Ok, So i managed to spend another 10 mins with them today. I suspected its lower treble went MIA on the first day. I confirm that its lower treble has a dip, making it sound honky. Its upper frequency isn't too great as well. They sounded recessed. I did not listen for details, just concentrate tonally as this is what define its sound.

I think its bass and mids are quite decent. Only let down by its treble. I still think they're better than the E2 and E3. ER6i and UM1 are still the best buy in this price range but hey, if the Creatives trump them, i'll be very surprised! tongue.gif

As for pricing, if they're cheaper than a UM1/6i, worth a consider as a earphone is not all about sound quality only. Design/style plays some part too.

I'm still very impressed by its isolation and comfort. Creative was blasting its speakers and keyboards demo beside and plus the chaos at the PC show, i've no problems listening to them. smoke.gif

Listened to them for about a few minutes or so today at the PC show. Sounded rather similar to the e3. The fit is not too good though, the e2 and e3 easily trumps it. However, I am rather pleased with the isolation. Great entry to the IEM by Creative. happy.gif

i still nt happy abt no filter... i still prefer the shure... their mid is more forward... dunno how to decribe it.. it lyk fuller sounding to me...

lol. i think the guy might have prolly been a part timer and knew nuts when you said the source sucked. hence the blank smile. hahaha.

Guest narutiment
it warmer sounding den ck7... but it diff to each ear so cant tell whether it better for u...

yup, IMO ck7 -> more bass than the creative one

i tried the creatives and i think they are like okay. i tried the shures there too and i think i couldn't tell the difference. i was too pressured by the queue behind me. hahaa. oh well... maybe i'll try them out another day. but i'm so gonna get my UM1s first.

it warmer sounding den ck7... but it diff to each ear so cant tell whether it better for u...

yup, IMO ck7 -> more bass than the creative one

ck7 bass tighter and more punchy

Its tighter as well, but CK7, like the Cresyn LMX-E630, may face some fit problems due to its design.

Well, I bought the Creative Auvana. I ran out of comply tips for my UM2 and was looking for something to tide me over until the custom tips arrive for my UM2 :dance:

My source is a Creative Vision:M. My first impressions were underwhelming. As someone described, it sounds "honky", there's something missing in the mids and treble, so it sounds a tad hollow and recessed. The sound is "not bad", it's better (IMHO) than some of the canal phones I've heard. However, for a pair of 'phones that cost more than S$200.00, I certainly expected something better. Perhaps it's an unfair comparison, but when pitched against the Westone UM2, it is no contest :)) The lushness and sheer musicality of the UM2 sound totally blows away the Auvana :bash:

Then I plugged it into an amp. It's a no-name amp from Korea that uses rechargeable Li-Ion batteries. I bought it from Wilson at Jaben, and I suspect that it's probably the amp that was included in the recent UM2 promotion -_-

Wow....what a difference. The soundstage really opened up. It sounds less congested. The bass is tighter and the highs are a tad more extended. It almost sounds...*gasp*...good :call: Not as good as a UM2, and maybe even a UM1. but it certainly is a lot more listenable.

I also have a 2nd generation Xin Supermicro. I would love to try the Auvana's on it, but I ran out of AAA batteries :whistle: