Sign in to follow this  
bummer

X-Cans V3

Just tot I drop a note ...

Was at SL today and popped by Alpha Audio, and asked the guy about the X-can V3. Told me that they should be in soon. Music Fidelity has already circulated pamphlets on it. It's no longer the sleek sexy looking round rube; it's now a rectangular block. The list price is 250 pounds!

Just tot I let u guys know laugh.gif

Heh heh ... well, it looks like its time for me to start setting aside some budget for it! maybe the exchange rate will drop by then? haahaa!

Oh ya ... damm it ... maybe I'll just have to settle for an old V2 if someone is selling one ...

Oh, by the way, the new V3 has a large volume control, if I remember the pic correctly.

sipher, a hybird amp you mean..

And not forgetting that Alpha Audio may mark up the price as well.

"May" is an understatement............."Will" is more politically correct! tongue.gif

By the look of things..........looks like there's gonna be some V2's for me to pick up in the coming weeks/months. wink.gif

By the look of things..........looks like there's gonna be some V2's for me to pick up in the coming weeks/months. wink.gif

Mackie, you can strike me off the possible seller list cause I do have some emotions attached to it. I hope I can handle having 2 'mistresses' around demanding for attention.

Quote:

"August sees the launch of the incredible new X-Can V3 tube headphone amp. It has less distortion , wider bandwidth, lower noise and better stereo separation. It also provides better load driving ability, due to the lower output impedance. All of this means that is quite a step up from the outgoing V2 model. The casework has also been seriously upgraded with a fantastic front panel and dial, which is machined from solid aluminium."

Oak, thanks for the link.............to Hxll with the V2 sleep.gif ...........V3 here I come w00t.gif but then again, there's the Gilmore V2 flagging me............ wacko.gif