fallraen

National Service, any other brothers suffering?

During my NSF days, i have heard of lots of funny excuses for PES C people. got one excuse grass and another one excuse sun! lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

wah piangz.. might as well dun serve...

but the most jialat and make no sense ones are those that are in some national sports, all PES C.. amazing man, sometimes when you think about it!!! fitter than most others, can probably run faster, more stamina, do more chin-ups, stronger some more and all cannot carry rifle and chiong suar... makes no sense at all man!!!

i in tekong also after my BMT, but my 1.5 years there never see or hear anything leh... even though sometimes i'm the only person on the whole floor at night. my room was the last corner room on the highest floor in camp 3. actually can get quite scary especially if have to bathe late at night... the toilet is another matter altogether, its so jialat, you got diarrohea.. see the toilet bowl liao, the S*** also go back into your body... w00t.gif

sometimes i get the camp dog to sleep outside my bunk... and it will stay there till the next morning... whistling.gif so was quite toolan when someone ordered the dog to be shot!!!!

the dog was a very good companion especially those with DO or BOS duty...

Mono intake in Seletar camp for combat engineer..... if you've been to my camp, old trees, old buildings, old roads with roots runnin thru them, when everything is so old, it can be scary at night... that's why I sold 90% of my guard duties. laugh.gif

Heh... Was Ah Ho already there back then? Really gotta ask...

sometimes i get the camp dog to sleep outside my bunk... and it will stay there till the next morning... whistling.gif so was quite toolan when someone ordered the dog to be shot!!!!

the dog was a very good companion especially those with DO or BOS duty...

What! They shot the dog? ohmy.gif

When I was in Nee Soon camp it was a dog's paradise. Plenty of them roaming about, one of the CSMs even adopted one of the dogs. Heck, the dogs had free run of the place, but there was once they caused a bit of inconvenience. 2 of them were humping in front of the company line blocking the entrance to the office and nobody could go in or out until they were done!!! lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Mono intake in Seletar camp for combat engineer..... if you've been to my camp, old trees, old buildings, old roads with roots runnin thru them, when everything is so old, it can be scary at night... that's why I sold 90% of my guard duties.  laugh.gif

Heh... Was Ah Ho already there back then? Really gotta ask...

Yeah, Ah Hoh rocks.... canteen by the sea, what more can an ns man ask for? tongue.gif

but the most jialat and make no sense ones are those that are in some national sports, all PES C...  makes no sense at all man!!!

Actually, if you think about sports injuries, it actually does make sense...

what I mean is that it makes no sense that they can play sports but can't charge up a hill..

simple mah, their NS contribution is on the sports field and not on pengkan hill. Hey, I am a poet. lol.gif

Dunno man, now I remember his name. Lee Man Hon.

Lee Man Hon!! No wonder la. Ex national player.

Kenna 3 Div sure more siong than most but still not as bad as cdo i guess. My friend went back for cdo reservist and did 1000 sit-ups in one shot. lol.gif They really power. I had my SAF driving course at Seletar west camp. Very nice slacking place. I put on weight in my 1 month there. Struggled when I go back to Stagmont camp for further Sig training. no.gif Fitness went downhill from then on. Never again was I able to surpass, only match at best. I had excuse RMJ before but only temperory. Platoonmates had excuse boots, uniform etc.

I prefer overseas ICT. More exciting. Local ones stay in only for Ex but local ex boring la.

After so many post, where are your vocations? Only me and Aron openly state. smoke.gif Got 1 sig, 1 sce.

hehe.. well gentlemen.. i was from hq bmtc smile.gif roaming the island whenever i'm free in the evening.

went with a couple of other buddies to catch crabs at night... every time a rover drove by we proned to take cover.. kinda fun.. lol and the IDSM was kinda hum chee sometimes.. scared see something he wasnt supposed to see smile.gif

nice island, nice history.. and a good life of course...

had my share of training, i was combat fit smile.gif but fortunately posted to hq. did finance till my ord. was a stressful job at times as managing and utilizing public funds often had some form of moral obligations attached.. and.. some higher ranked personnel often was less.. concerned abt that...

Must say vocation one ah. biggrin.gif I company 2ic lah, for medical coy that's why so slack.

I remembered another story. Before became officer, I was for a year a ammo storeman. One day got new officer, just pass out OCS. We were on duty which means the duty officer has to do stock-take of the active store everytime he comes on duty.

We store detonators in a special area, in which we put detonators only since they are very sensitive. This officer first time do this and quite nervous. His hands tremble so much, he spilled the box of detonators from about 4 feet up and all of us literally "balls drop". After a second or two of cold sweat, we bent down and pick each detonator up very carefully. After this, the poor officer never looked us in the face again. Poor guy.

I don't blame him, this was the year when 3 guys got blown up during mortar live firing and those mortars came from our store.

Edited by heady

Dunno man, now I remember his name. Lee Man Hon.

Lee Man Hon!! No wonder la. Ex national player.

Kenna 3 Div sure more siong than most but still not as bad as cdo i guess. My friend went back for cdo reservist and did 1000 sit-ups in one shot. lol.gif They really power. I had my SAF driving course at Seletar west camp. Very nice slacking place. I put on weight in my 1 month there. Struggled when I go back to Stagmont camp for further Sig training. no.gif Fitness went downhill from then on. Never again was I able to surpass, only match at best. I had excuse RMJ before but only temperory. Platoonmates had excuse boots, uniform etc.

I prefer overseas ICT. More exciting. Local ones stay in only for Ex but local ex boring la.

After so many post, where are your vocations? Only me and Aron openly state. smoke.gif Got 1 sig, 1 sce.

During my ns days, i remember a bunkmate got power excuse - Excuse sunlight certified by MO.

Then PC not happy, say he saturday only can book out after 6pm, for he's welfare.....

Moral of the story? Don't over excuse yourself. innocent.gif

NS now cannot be compare with last time... Now is like holiday camp.. all recuit book out like SIA AIr Steward.. Good food.. dun need to wash tray.. hiaz..

When i was in BMT in Tekong i did know the food that sucks so much.. Our only good food are the catered LO MA KAI and Hard boil egg.. laugh.gif Lucky about half way during my NS serving i got to try the SFI food..

My BMT is at TEKONG camp 2 or camp 1?? the one look like resort style by the sea?? pretty old camp since the british days... There is this bunk with 3 doors , the famous Tekong 3 door bunk ghost story.. Did enter the bunk when our S major bring us to see for ourself... it was used as a store when i was there. got an errie feeling inside... Every bunk there is this amulet and photo of officer with the crest outside the bunk door... Didn't ancounter any thing even in the mid of the night i still went out of the bunk to the toilet alone... Some of my bunk mates were scare to go toilet and they wet their bed biggrin.gif I did encounter few snakes including a black cobra ouside my bunk.. Jogging is fun as you can see the sea... laugh.gif

After BMT i was posted as a tech spec.. unit at portsdown but ayer rajar camp... Very good canteen.. the famous chicken wing from the malay store. Life is pretty good.. 8 to 5.. later got injury and MC for 3 to 4 mths.. shiok man.. then downgrade to C2 become a Clerk.. haha biggrin.gif

Edited by nakedtoes

haha yea, i just got excuse stay-in and outfield, thats why i'm at home at night. if not like my buddies suffering in the camp now sad2.gif yea there are many funny excuses ns has, some good some bad and some your superiors will make bad. such as the sunlight guy. i bet he felt so sad at that time.

i think for me, my most interesting things i did, was just all the normal chioning, learn how to get on and off helicopter, route march, manage to learn a hell lot of weapons, learn signal, topo... oh and that time go tekong for 11day field camp for my bmt. we all almost died!

and most importantly i'm medic trained at nee soon camp. wah there is a great camp with 7/11 outside. i think its like a holiday for me over there haha. only that i had to leopard crawl with casualty on top stretcher and 4 of us had to drag "casualty" across the field. haha i think the casualty just wanted to die. due to my "status" i didn't manage to complete my 72km route march and airborne course. oh well... i think i had enough of action to last me the next few years. haha

I don't blame him, this was the year when 3 guys got blown up during mortar live firing and those mortars came from our store.

I'd not either.. Each of those things has a 5m blast radius and 12m shockwave radius. If one goes, all of them will..

I'd not either.. Each of those things has a 5m blast radius and 12m shockwave radius. If one goes, all of them will..

The rumour was that the OC made the company formed a line and picked up the bits of remains in their steel helmets. Don't know if it was true or not but the very idea was certainly gross.

And you know how our ammo tech checked all the mortars in our store? Took each round out and shake it to hear if the ball-bearings are loose inside. Makes me feel kind of weak in the knees whenever I pass their stations. If you know how a mortar works inside, loose ball-bearings means it is armed and shaking too hard can detonate the mortar.