fallraen

National Service, any other brothers suffering?

Hey guys... Got enlisted on the 9th. So far spent about 5 days in camp already, now I'm at home with a 3 day AttC. 5 days in camp feels like 5 years man... When back in Singapore it feels kinda weird. My company is Pegasus company. At first we all thought it's kinda slack, since Ninja and Mohawk are our neighbours, and their first day of training we heard them continously kanna tekkan by Sergeants already.

So far we haven't really kanna tekkan. Of course we get all the verbal abuses, but not very often. I got two favourite Sergeants, one Sikh and one guy from China. Both quite slack and damn friendly.

Hoping to go to DSO Labs or some clerical work when I POP. Atec would be fine too.

So how did the Lucky Draw went? I heard yotiao was there too, so what's she like?

Hey guys... Got enlisted on the 9th. So far spent about 5 days in camp already, now I'm at home with a 3 day AttC. 5 days in camp feels like 5 years man... When back in Singapore it feels kinda weird. My company is Pegasus company. At first we all thought it's kinda slack, since Ninja and Mohawk are our neighbours, and their first day of training we heard them continously kanna tekkan by Sergeants already.

So far we haven't really kanna tekkan. Of course we get all the verbal abuses, but not very often. I got two favourite Sergeants, one Sikh and one guy from China. Both quite slack and damn friendly.

Hoping to go to DSO Labs or some clerical work when I POP. Atec would be fine too.

So how did the Lucky Draw went? I heard yotiao was there too, so what's she like?

5 days only Att C? Chao keng ah? :lol: Enjoy your time there la. BMT is fun and will finish in a few months. My platoon/coy got tekkan daily during my time.

Pls dun say got fav sergeants. Sounds so gay. :P

No lah not Chao keng. I got seriously high fever, 38.6 degrees celsius and really felt super sick.

I think BMT supposed to be fun, but I'm in PTP now so it kinda sucks. Just physical training and marching all day long. Will really get sick of it.

I really like those Sergeants. It sounds gay lah, but then again I think everyone likes a Sergeant who takes care of you instead of heaping verbal and physical abuse all day long.

Btw I wonder what yotiao looks like? Haha just curious how a girl audiophile looks like.

No lah not Chao keng. I got seriously high fever, 38.6 degrees celsius and really felt super sick.

I think BMT supposed to be fun, but I'm in PTP now so it kinda sucks. Just physical training and marching all day long. Will really get sick of it.

I really like those Sergeants. It sounds gay lah, but then again I think everyone likes a Sergeant who takes care of you instead of heaping verbal and physical abuse all day long.

Btw I wonder what yotiao looks like? Haha just curious how a girl audiophile looks like.

Wah good life leh! During BMT, i got 40 degrees fever before. OC/MO panicked but still Att B only. :ppth: nb......i got high fever 4 times during BMT, once asthma, total 5 times report sick, get Att B. I did my BMT in Armour mono, suay man for a Dip holder. (Got a few Dip holders also kenna with me) Then they kick me out cos i report sick 5 times. :lol: So I'm a signaller!

Here got pic.... but got mosaic... :blush: Shy la i guess.

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=4930&st=0

Wow ok guess I really good life. 40 degrees fever really serious man, suay you never get to go home. Maybe my MO was generous :/

What company you from? Sometimes I think my Pegasus company is a white horse company. I think it's really damn slack. Just now when I told my friend who ORDed that we didn't have to polish our shoes, he went ape. Is it really a requirement to polish shoes? Coz my Sergeant said "Whether you want to polish your shoe or not it's up to you."

Wah good life leh! During BMT, i got 40 degrees fever before. OC/MO panicked but still Att B only. :ppth: nb......i got high fever 4 times during BMT, once asthma, total 5 times report sick, get Att B. I did my BMT in Armour mono, suay man for a Dip holder. (Got a few Dip holders also kenna with me) Then they kick me out cos i report sick 5 times. :lol: So I'm a signaller!

Here got pic.... but got mosaic... :blush: Shy la i guess.

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=4930&st=0

One time during river crossing at night ( tie rope from one side of the river to the other side and partial submerge in water while crossing) I report to my PC for fever, sent the medic to measure my temp - 38.5.... PC say since you can still walk no reason you cannot cross the river.... duh~ funny enough I fully recover from my fever the next morning.

One time during river crossing at night ( tie rope from one side of the river to the other side and partial submerge in water while crossing) I report to my PC for fever, sent the medic to measure my temp - 38.5.... PC say since you can still walk no reason you cannot cross the river.... duh~ funny enough I fully recover from my fever the next morning.

so fast recover..........

Wow ok guess I really good life. 40 degrees fever really serious man, suay you never get to go home. Maybe my MO was generous :/

What company you from? Sometimes I think my Pegasus company is a white horse company. I think it's really damn slack. Just now when I told my friend who ORDed that we didn't have to polish our shoes, he went ape. Is it really a requirement to polish shoes? Coz my Sergeant said "Whether you want to polish your shoe or not it's up to you."

I from Armour BMT la. In mainland SG. :P I got no idea if yours is a white horse coy or not. Better learn to polish boots, cos once you post out, also gotta polish boots, esp for parades.

You strong leh.

I clearly remember my 40 degrees incident. Quite funny when I saw their faces.

Was assembled at the training shed for briefting for 8km route march. I wanna go, so I attended the briefting without telling anyone about my fever. After briefting, all going to fall in, just about to go, Coy 2IC asked if anyone not feeling well. I rised my hand and the medic took my temp.

Hahaha the medic saw the reading and ran to OC and PC. OC jaw drop and ran to his car and drove to the training shed and told me to get in. Started scolding me, asking why I din say eairler. I told him I wanna go for the route march, he lol, curse and swear. Arrived at medical center, OC ran to MO's office and I cut all queue and got check up. MO afriad got some contagious fever. But Att B 3 days nia. :ppth: Still must do sai kang.

Another incident during BMT;

Its SOC trail test day. My kneecap pain for some reason, cannot run. Only can hop. Told PC, he think I chao keng. Told me to continue. My turn came and I hobbled towards the obsticle course........so suay, S3 and MO having their late afternoon jog. MO saw me hobbling along, shouted at me to stop. S3 asked my why, i said knee pain. Oooooooo my PC got a roasting on the spot by MO and S3. :lol:

MO yelled: "What if he jumped, landed and shatter his kneecap?! Who want to be responsible?"

PC LL, kept quiet.

PS: My BMT PC was a pain in the ass.

Edited by afbug

wahahaha, i remember during the 72km route march i cover medic. sh*t man got some guy 39+ degree C i had to IV him at east coast. so nervous, lucky manage to treat him or my ass will be on the line. haha PTP is fun. you will enjoy the times when the proper BMT start! i also PTP, and those were one of the most slack time in army. and can exercise some more haha. play games!

PTP was fuuuun! No kidding, can become stronger in prep for BMT =3

But for my case... I kena pneumonia during PTP phase... During SARs period. Everyone panicked, I kena kicked out of Tekong, and then got bedridden for 3 weeks, lost 8kg (then 1/8 my weight) and kena OOC x.X

Things happened, I landed in 46SAR, Armour Recce Battalion as Armour Engineer, high key period, siong but fun, but kena called back for BMT (kinda a blessing I guess). After that considered combat fit since BMT was over and done with, and become RP... Kena posted to 6 Div... Culture shock. Brand new camp (compared to the pretty old and rather rundown Sungei Gedong back then), rather... laid back...

The worst thing to do there was only saikang, which wasn't much to begin with.

Ironic:

Non-combatant -> Combatant siong life

Combatant -> Office boy + Labour worker

What's with my NS life? o.O

Zep - so what you do in reservist? Kinda of different experiences all around. I had only two vocation in army and spent > 13 years in my last vocation.

My dear friend, you gotta thank your Maker he loves you. Do you know that your brain starts to cook if your fever hits 40 deg cel and above?

Edited by Mackie

hmm... maybe his brain already cooked liao :whistle:

edit: yay... my secret plan to use 'talk kok' to boost my post count past 50 has worked :wink:

Edited by kehyi

My dear friend, you gotta thank your Maker he loves you. Do you know that your brain starts to cook if your fever hits 40 deg cel and above?

heh heh, lucky, i'm well. Medic took, his reading is 40 degrees. MO took, its 39.8 degrees. So gave me a jab, and fever subside by evening and I got Att B only. :ppth: Next day, do sai kang with slight fever. :ppth: