Sign in to follow this  
yotiao

Students find ring tone adults can't hear

NEW YORK - Students are using a new ring tone to receive messages in class -- and many teachers can't even hear the ring.

Some students are downloading a ring tone off the Internet that is too high-pitched to be heard by most adults. With it, high schoolers can receive text message alerts on their cell phones without the teacher knowing.

As people age, many develop what's known as aging ear -- a loss of the ability to hear higher-frequency sounds.

[via TreoBits News]

Well, why not just use Vibration?

Well, you can still hear the sound of the vibration rather clearly, especially if it is on a hard surface.

There's always a risk though, especially if your teacher is young.

Edited by aaron-xp

Guest joi-ful

Someone posted the link to the ringtone @ HWZ. Downloaded it but deleted it sometimes back so i can't share it here. It's a monotone high pitched 'eeee' sound. Damn irritating.

Btw the 'ringtone' was originally meant for adults to irritate pesky kids if they misbehave... not the other way round... Self-owned i supposed. =D

I'am using it as my SMS tone right now and yes, its very irritating. I don't know why but when i hear it, I feel like naseua and all tensed up...its at 17,000 Hz F.I.Y...