Sign in to follow this  
haxyer

MO: little dot 2+

guys, do I need to get one of these amps? I dont need an amp when I am out. But when home, I usually connect my ipod to Denon 1906 receiver. Just wondering, will it help to boost the clarity if I get any of these amps and preamp before feeding the sound to receiver?

i dont know about this but if you are listening from a pair of headphones, i would reckon this would be better. it may or may not be better to you and i have never listened to the Denon reciever before.

vjbab: I see you are confused. The headamps are meant to be connected to a source (eg. mp3 player/cd player), followed by headphones connected to it. The headamp has nothing to do with your receiver and in fact shall render the receiver free from driving your headphones. Technically speaking, you don't need a headamp if impedance of your headphones are below 100ohms.

the little dot 2 have the ability to pre amp so i think he was asking if its good to buy it and use it as a pre amp for his reciever

thanks guys for the advise. I don't use headphones when i connect my ipod to the receiver. I use my speaker set to do the job.

六、汇款帐户:

建设银行深圳红荔支行 龙卡卡号:4367 4272 0095 2347 847

农业银行深圳华强支行 金穗卡卡号:95599 8012 02796 59011

工商银行深圳宝华支行 牡丹灵通卡:9558 8040 0013 6896848 ****ICBC****

户名: 杨宇全

如果从境外汇款,通过“西联â€用我的拼音名字汇款:YANG YUQUAN。

西联请参见以下网页:

I admit I've not gone through the entire thread regarding money transfer. However, I do recognise one of the Chinese banks on the list is ICBC (Industrial and Commercial Bank of China). It has a branch in Singapore (Raffles Quay) and better yet, its licensed remittance center at Lucky Plaza. Charges by the selected remittance center, like all others, is cheap (usually S$10-20) and monies will be credited within 3 business days (usually 1 day). Last but not least, you retain the best conduit to track your transfer via the ICBC licensed remittance center as it has an account with this bank for all its money transfers to-and-fro China and Singapore.

Check link for address:

http://www.icbc.com.cn/new_branch/hwfz/xin...en_contact.html

Edited by Mackie

that is great news mackie, thanks for the information. it will help us alot. so i go to the remittance center and not the hq right ?

Edited by haxyer

thanks guys for the advise. I don't use headphones when i connect my ipod to the receiver. I use my speaker set to do the job.

Not unless the pre-amp and power amp stages of your receiver can be split. Look for [Pre-in] and [Pre-out] jacks at the back panel. Don't be misled by [Processor-in] and [Processor-out] jacks as they are not the same as the former.

A fellow forumer also explored your idea and it was discussed in the following thread:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=4662&st=15

that is great news mackie, thanks for the information. it will help us alot. so i go to the remittance center and not the hq right ?

Krrrkkk...Roger that! Give the remittance center a call and clarify your intent and enquire on the cost and time needed to complete transfer. You should end up with a smile. I'm sure it will be cheaper than interbank TT transfer and faster than Western Union.

Edited by Mackie

Feeling abit interested in the little dot 2+

But will it suit Grado SR80 and AT A900?

Its quite a cheap price to get my first home headamp.

And how it traits?

I usually listen to metal, rock, blues, bossa nova, jazz.

Thanks!

And how it traits?

Thanks!

I'm confident the Little dot will be able to drive your cans but the issue is whether you like the sound or otherwise. As such, you can only discover the truth by audition. There's no way to tell on paper and certainly not reviews as every individual has different preferences. I suggest you start a new thread on the appropriate section to search for anyone who has the amp and arrange for audition. But I'm afraid you might be too late for this MO which is closing tomorrow? Alternatively, you could wait for the next round. By then, there will be ample sets available with our forumers.

Edited by Mackie

And how it traits?

Thanks!

I'm confident the Little dot will be able to drive your cans but the issue is whether you like the sound or otherwise. As such, you can only discover the truth by audition. There's no way to tell on paper and certainly not reviews as every individual has different preferences. I suggest you start a new thread on the appropriate section to search for anyone who has the amp and arrange for audition. But I'm afraid you might be too late for this MO which is closing tomorrow? Alternatively, you could wait for the next round. By then, there will be ample sets available with our forumers.

hmm...yeah.

But dunno any of the user here.

Cause was thinking the MO price for a home headamp is cheap and seen some good reviews on headfi, tempted to buy. Also I do not have any home headamp yet, so would really like to see the difference in portable headamp and home headamp.

Pardon i'm a beginner, I see the little dot 2+ pictures, the back have 2/4 holes.

For my PA2V2, there is only 1 hole for the IC, then for the case of LD2+, how does IC connect/works?

Thanks!

' date='20 Jun 2006, 07:23 PM' post='66978']

The LD2+ can act as an amp/preamp so there's a pair of RCA inputs and outputs for it.

For use from a source such as a CDP, there will be a L/R RCA output jack from the CDP into the input jack of the LD2+. In the case of you using an iPod/PCDP/iRiver/Digital Audio Player, you will need a Mini cable -> RCA cable to input of the LD2+.

Then the output is also the same.

Ooh.

So let's say if I want to listen from PC, I also need to get a mini -> RCA cable to input of LD2+ right?

Need to do more research on this area too.

Thanks for the information!

' date='20 Jun 2006, 07:23 PM' post='66978']

The LD2+ can act as an amp/preamp so there's a pair of RCA inputs and outputs for it.

For use from a source such as a CDP, there will be a L/R RCA output jack from the CDP into the input jack of the LD2+. In the case of you using an iPod/PCDP/iRiver/Digital Audio Player, you will need a Mini cable -> RCA cable to input of the LD2+.

Then the output is also the same.

Ooh.

So let's say if I want to listen from PC, I also need to get a mini -> RCA cable to input of LD2+ right?

Need to do more research on this area too.

Thanks for the information!

Yes correct. The outputs is for the tape loop of your hifi amp. So you can connect a CD player with only one set of outputs to the system.

CDP->LD2+->hifi amp. The LD2+ will drive your headphones while the hifi amp will drive your speakers.

Or

If your hifi amp has only a tape loop and you got a tape deck/MD deck:

CDP->hifi amp->LD2+->Tape deck/MD deck.

A pair of outputs sure adds more choices and is more flexiable.

Not useing any of those componants, just connect your source output to LD2+'s input.