11. genocide(silver)

12. pyschoacoustics (black low gain)

13. ongkmeng (silver)

14. skysurf (silver)

15. mimi (silver)

16. nabwong (black - 110v)

17. wicked (silver)

18. [Top-Gun] (black normal gain)

I'm interested but i also want to find out how much difference in SQ will this amp make with my ipod 3G, lineout and UM2?

Hi there,

You want a comparison between the ipod headphone out and line out with amp?

Imo, the ipod 3g's headphone out is not as good as the 4g which is not as good as the 5g ( ipod video ). So i'm quite certain it will be a huge imrovement if you use the line out instead of the headphone out.

this will be my first amp btw, so i'll appreciate if anyone can tell me if this connector works with the LDM+...cos err i really cannot see from the pics whether they are the same sized jacks/connector.

http://www.audiolineout.com/silver.html

Do you own the connector? From pics it looks like a 3.5mm plug which will fit the LDM+.

http://www.audiolineout.com/blingsilver4.jpg

Its a Portaphile amp which likely to use 3.5mm plugs. 6.3mm is too big for portable uses.

vii_haven, 1st off, your ears must be able to tell the difference. Line out will have a cleaner sound as it bypasses the internal headphone amp of the ipod and any sound processing. So what you will hear is the amp and earphone's characteristics. From reading comments, the LDM+ is a little on the treble side. So it MIGHT mate will with the UM2. Might only as the UM2 can have some extreme highs at times so it MIGHT not be a good sign too. I dun own them yet, so can only speculate. :P

nope havent gotten it yet. looking to do so, to coincide with the LDM+. LDM+ uses a 3.5mm you say? alright i'll email the seller and confirm with him then. thanks for your help.

hmm. well, i did use the lineout with a shure attenuator before and i could tell the difference immediately. and yes, i've experienced the extreme highs on the UM2s a couple of times before probably due to bad recordings?

vii_haven, 1st off, your ears must be able to tell the difference. Line out will have a cleaner sound as it bypasses the internal headphone amp of the ipod and any sound processing. So what you will hear is the amp and earphone's characteristics. From reading comments, the LDM+ is a little on the treble side. So it MIGHT mate will with the UM2. Might only as the UM2 can have some extreme highs at times so it MIGHT not be a good sign too. I dun own them yet, so can only speculate. :P

nope havent gotten it yet. looking to do so, to coincide with the LDM+. LDM+ uses a 3.5mm you say? alright i'll email the seller and confirm with him then. thanks for your help.

I'm pretty certain that both LDM+ and the cable connector uses 3.5mm plugs as a 6.3mm one will be too big. Most portable amps have 3.5mm inputs and only a few has RCA inputs. So far, i've yet to see a portable amp with 6.3mm inputs.

You can look at post #66 of this thread and PM xllms. He owns the LDM+

hmm. well, i did use the lineout with a shure attenuator before and i could tell the difference immediately. and yes, i've experienced the extreme highs on the UM2s a couple of times before probably due to bad recordings?

Most likey to be bad recordings. I THINK it will mate well with a UM2 la. :yes: But try to go for a low gain version as the UM2 is quite sensitive.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but if you continue to use the line out with only the attenuator, you're killing your headphones.

Little Dot 2+

1. haxyer

2. fallraen (black)

3. eSoteric (Black)

4. foxylady (Black)

5. nabwong (black - 110v)

Little Dot Micro+

1. afbug (Silver)

2. jig_sg (Black)

3. theory_87 (silver)

4. Cloud (Black)

5. kneth (Black)

6. flu_fighter (Black)

7. Kube (Black)

8. Dle4e_2005 (black)

9. rkivie (silver low gain)

10. Viix (black)

11. genocide(silver)

12. pyschoacoustics (black low gain)

13. ongkmeng (silver)

14. skysurf (silver)

15. mimi (silver)

16. nabwong (black)

17. wicked (silver)

18. [Top-Gun] (black normal gain)

just wanna tell you that i want the black version. thanks.

Edited by fallraen

updated list

Little Dot 2+

nabwong (black - 110v)

haxyer (black)

fallraen (black)

eSoteric (Black)

foxylady (Black)

Little Dot Micro+

rkivie (silver low gain)

pyschoacoustics (black low gain)

nabwong (black – 110v)