Sign in to follow this  
Guest joi-ful

Qn: Prices of IEM

seriously speaking i cant forget how the sf5pro sounded like. It was perfect for me. But i really hated the design and comfort level was like sheeet! If only it looked like um1. Comfirm hoot.

Looks like im not the only one who does not appreciate the um2.

koljaho hehe what a small small world. =) the e4g will try again 6 months down the road. But i tried the e3c compared with aurvana, both was almost on par but shure edged out that bit.

BTW joiful, the cable can do sleeving meh? What do u mean by sleeving? enlighten me man.

I don't appreciate the UM2 as well. It sounds dull to me compared to the SF5pro and E4g. Maybe I am not used to the new sound signature after switching to E4g. Sleeving sounds cool! Is it to actually coat the wire with another layer of rubber?

seriously speaking i cant forget how the sf5pro sounded like. It was perfect for me. But i really hated the design and comfort level was like sheeet! If only it looked like um1. Comfirm hoot.

Looks like im not the only one who does not appreciate the um2.

koljaho hehe what a small small world. =) the e4g will try again 6 months down the road. But i tried the e3c compared with aurvana, both was almost on par but shure edged out that bit.

BTW joiful, the cable can do sleeving meh? What do u mean by sleeving? enlighten me man.

I don't appreciate the UM2 as well. It sounds dull to me compared to the SF5pro and E4g. Maybe I am not used to the new sound signature after switching to E4g. Sleeving sounds cool! Is it to actually coat the wire with another layer of rubber?

huh? i thought that when you want to sleeve your wires, you go to Sim Lim Tower and buy some heat-shrink tube-thing that is large enough to squeeze though your earpiece, then use a hairdryer to "heat-shrink" the tube-thing~~~

yea. I have seen those heat shriking rubber. I got myself some custom cables and saw the man actually use a industrial hair dryer to shrink the rubber. Then the man told me that his industrial hair dryer is hot enough to shrink it. Normal hair dryer is not able to do so. Wonder whether is it true or not.....

Guest joi-ful

You guys got me wrong le... :bash:

I meant eartips. Shure calls their eartips "sleeves". Eg. grey flex sleeves, triple flange sleeves.

I'm quite happy with the complys but I think i'll be getting the Shure grey flex sleeves for longer term usage as well as variety. Btw tok2mi, you might wanna try the yellow foamies. They sound quite decent with the UM1 as well. Wasn't much comfort issues for me with them.

Btw, no way am I gonna go anything funny to my UM1 cable. I think they rock the way they are right now. :party:

Edited by joi-ful

I wear them like the um1. It is supposed to be worn like that as shown on some webpage. I'm enjoying my CK-7 too, and i'll have the whole week in camp to enjoy it.. haha..

I meant eartips. Shure calls their eartips "sleeves". Eg. grey flex sleeves, triple flange sleeves.

I'm quite happy with the complys but I think i'll be getting the Shure grey flex sleeves for longer term usage as well as variety. Btw tok2mi, you might wanna try the yellow foamies. They sound quite decent with the UM1 as well. Wasn't much comfort issues for me with them.

Btw, no way am I gonna go anything funny to my UM1 cable. I think they rock the way they are right now. :party:

the cut-down-morph-into-biflange shure triflange works well for me~~

haa... u may wan to try triflange mod to biflange tips... it more comfort to me rather den the shure grey sleeves on um1.. but on my im716, the grey seleevs more comfy... u may wan to mit me to try it out...

the cut-down-morph-into-biflange shure triflange works well for me~~

right now, it's a cut-down-morphed-into-biflange shure triflange with cut-down-short-complys-acting-as-a-weird-cushion-extra-isolation-thing in the biggest flanges~~~ :DD

Haha.. its to protect the cable ma.. Anyhows, it'll be really cool if someone comes up with some sorta removable protection for cables. With colours of cos.

What tips are good man? u changing to shure's ones? I really liked the seal the grey tips i bought from aaron.

Guest joi-ful

Maybe after one year (when the warranty is over) then i'd consider xtra protection for my cables. Cos the warranty covers the breakage of the cables as well... (Even so, better to take care of it... if not, *heart pain*)

Anyway, I think sleeving is more for those high-end cables for home use. It may make the UM1 too heavy for comfortable portable usage depending on the weight of the tube used.

Lastly, I'm looking at the grey n clear Shure flex sleeves and the Shure biflange tips. Depending on which I find suits me best, then get that one lo... Might be getting all three for me to experiment at home. hehe.

I bought the UM1. The UM2 was out of reach, and I thought both sounds the same. I wanted to get the CK7 initially, but felt it was kind of heavy. Now going to try out the phones. Compared to my E71, the UM1 is pretty LOUD, even on the bass. Maybe it's my ears :P

Edited by skysurf

I bought the UM1. The UM2 was out of reach, and I thought both sounds the same. I wanted to get the CK7 initially, but felt it was kind of heavy. Now going to try out the phones. Compared to my E71, the UM1 is pretty LOUD, even on the bass. Maybe it's my ears :P

it nt ur ear.. it almost every earphone there

The UM1 is a very sensitive earphone. You only need a low volume level to reach moderate listening volume.

Edited by biggulp

The UM1 is a very sensitive earphone. You only need a low volume level to reach moderate listening volume.

which is good because ur batt life will extend slightly!

By the way skysurf, thanks for reaffirming how i felt towayds the um2. Simply put it in this way, not cost effective. haha...