Sign in to follow this  
Guest joi-ful

Qn: Prices of IEM

Guest joi-ful

You went? There was a guy using HD3. WAs that you?

Nope not me. but I think we went at the same time. I tested the Grado SR-60, portapros, some AKG models but found out at the end of the testing that headphones aren't my type of material. *edit* I forgot that you're talking abt the sony hd player. Holy! And i tot it was some high end senn cans which i've not heard of b4. :bash:

I just went there too. Was trying out the CK7 vs the UM1. Found that the UM1 fitting was not that difficult.

The CK7 was kind of heavy though. I also saw a guy testing out some earphones at a corner, and another chap having a pink Sony player, trying out the earphones with another friend of his :D

The chap with the red sony player was another member of this forum, i'm the friend of his. lol it's a small world.

You went with another friend right? There are 2 guys testing the CK7 and UM1 along side with us. So any of you bought anything?

HAHA! We went at the same time. There was a man. HE very on. CAme into the shop, tested abit and bought the UM1.

I think he bought the UM2. haha. He tested for like 5-10mins and steady liao. Pro! :lol:

Edited by joi-ful

Haha yes! the guy with the red hd3 is me!!! actually to be honest. There are very very limited pple with hd3 because of how much they took in. And I am the first, i swear to have bought this as i pre ordered before the launch when they invited me to test them out! And i was the only guy to have pre-ordered from wisma sony.

HEhe.. ehh... love the UM-1. I tried the Um2 too.. Yes the sound quality improved over the um-1, but only marginally i felt. Probably it was my mp3 player as sony ones reproduce with a higher bass.

Funny thing was i wasnt blown away by how the UM-2 sounded. Im not sure why either. The improvement wasnt worth the increase in price in my opinion. So the weak bass of UM1 sort of got compromised with the bass sony delivers and wala, i have the um-1 now.

I must sincerely thanks aaron for his time and patience with us. Thanks bro, i'll definetely return with more buys!

One more thing i would like to add. So far of the earphones i tested, the most impressive to me was the UE SF5pro. I enjoyed the good balance of bass and clarity. However i totally didnt like anything about its design. Extremely horrible and uncomfortable. Other than that i would have bought it instead.

Joi ful i hope the decision to buy the um-1 today wasnt influenced too much by me. Haha u said you wanted to buy another day. Didnt expect to buy together in the end. I also didnt expect to buy today actually. Now my Ex-71 is thrown one corner, used for gaming instead. haha.

Edited by tok2mi

Guest joi-ful

Wasn't intending to get it so soon actually. But when I heard the UM1, somehow it seems the right one for me. lol.

I was quite pleased with the UM1 initially after testing it on my player. A pair of sweet sounding IEM. The problem came when I switched back to my Cresyn and *hey* it sounds good to me as well. XO

Finally, I decided to get it today since it'd probably still be my choice the next time i go down. Might as well enjoy now right? I hoped u weren't influenced too much by my decision though. haha

HEhe.. ehh... love the UM-1. I tried the Um2 too.. Yes the sound quality improved over the um-1, but only marginally i felt. Probably it was my mp3 player as sony ones reproduce with a higher bass.

Funny thing was i wasnt blown away by how the UM-2 sounded. Im not sure why either. The improvement wasnt worth the increase in price in my opinion. So the weak bass of UM1 sort of got compromised with the bass sony delivers and wala, i have the um-1 now.

urgh. wished i felt the same way as you did. i like bass. and somehow um2 and um1 felt like worlds apart to me. and um1 sounded much too forward for my liking too.

throw in the nice low profile and comfort level (compared to the UE i had), and there i was sold on the um2 =/

urgh. wished i felt the same way as you did. i like bass. and somehow um2 and um1 felt like worlds apart to me. and um1 sounded much too forward for my liking too.

throw in the nice low profile and comfort level (compared to the UE i had), and there i was sold on the um2 =/

Hey bro, im a bass lover. Im not used to the lack of bass from the ex-71 for the um1. But the um2 sounded not right at all. Maybe a few months down the road after using um1 a while i will like the um2. hehe...

Joiful i wasnt influenced at all. When i went down today, one factor was the my damaged earphones pissing me off. I was looking to spend actually. haha.. didnt mind getting the um2 as 450 is still okay and within my buying power. Just a pity i didnt like it. But i really kept thinking about the sf5pro ley.

so joi_ful and tok2mi are friends. Haha!

Hey bro, im a bass lover. Im not used to the lack of bass from the ex-71 for the um1. But the um2 sounded not right at all. Maybe a few months down the road after using um1 a while i will like the um2. hehe...

Joiful i wasnt influenced at all. When i went down today, one factor was the my damaged earphones pissing me off. I was looking to spend actually. haha.. didnt mind getting the um2 as 450 is still okay and within my buying power. Just a pity i didnt like it. But i really kept thinking about the sf5pro ley.

SF5pro is good. But

Cons:

1. It doesn't look good when u wear it

2. wires are fragile

3. hard to wear it on.

Pros:

1. Great sound reproduction

2. Cheaper

3. Changable wires.

REally hard to make a decision. SInce you are a bass lover you will really like Shure E4g. Alittle bass weak but it can produce very tight bass. I am not a UM2 supporter here. AFter hearing the UM2, I find it a litttle muddy. Maybe I didn't get a good seal or what. But somehow it just don't feel right to me. Thats just my opinion =). Still need you guys to enlighten me. Thanks.

You went? There was a guy using HD3. WAs that you?

Nope not me. but I think we went at the same time. I tested the Grado SR-60, portapros, some AKG models but found out at the end of the testing that headphones aren't my type of material. *edit* I forgot that you're talking abt the sony hd player. Holy! And i tot it was some high end senn cans which i've not heard of b4. :bash:

I just went there too. Was trying out the CK7 vs the UM1. Found that the UM1 fitting was not that difficult.

The CK7 was kind of heavy though. I also saw a guy testing out some earphones at a corner, and another chap having a pink Sony player, trying out the earphones with another friend of his :D

The chap with the red sony player was another member of this forum, i'm the friend of his. lol it's a small world.

You went with another friend right? There are 2 guys testing the CK7 and UM1 along side with us. So any of you bought anything?

HAHA! We went at the same time. There was a man. HE very on. CAme into the shop, tested abit and bought the UM1.

I think he bought the UM2. haha. He tested for like 5-10mins and steady liao. Pro! :lol:

You were trying out a grado?

Hey, so you two were from the forum also.. the guy with the sony player, tok2mi and the guy wearing the Butterfly shirt (i play tabletennis too), Joi-ful.. haha..

I was the guy with the iPod who told one of you that i preferred the CK-7 over the UM-1.. Well, I just felt that the $50 price difference wasn't worth it.. and i don't have that much money either (think NSF). So i ended up buying the CK-7. Like the salesman (aaron?) said, I felt that the CK-7 was better probably because its my first time listening to IEMs and my ears aren't used to them yet. I guess i'll stick with my CK-7 for quite awhile before upgrading them..

And of course, what a small world.. The other guy with me also has a pair of CK-7s and thats where i found it to be not bad at all.. not that i have alot of experience with head-fi gear.. haha..

Guest joi-ful

Do u wear the ck7 like how u would for normal earphones or do u wear them like the UM1? I had problems with fitting issues back at Stereo. But I find them a lil' too harsh for my comfort so I didn't really bother to really test them out on my player.

*Enjoying the UM1 now* =D

Do u wear the ck7 like how u would for normal earphones or do u wear them like the UM1? I had problems with fitting issues back at Stereo. But I find them a lil' too harsh for my comfort so I didn't really bother to really test them out on my player.

*Enjoying the UM1 now* =D

the correct way to wear the CK7, otherwise the heavy thing will keep falling out of your ears~

IPB Image

seriously speaking i cant forget how the sf5pro sounded like. It was perfect for me. But i really hated the design and comfort level was like sheeet! If only it looked like um1. Comfirm hoot.

Looks like im not the only one who does not appreciate the um2.

koljaho hehe what a small small world. =) the e4g will try again 6 months down the road. But i tried the e3c compared with aurvana, both was almost on par but shure edged out that bit.

BTW joiful, the cable can do sleeving meh? What do u mean by sleeving? enlighten me man.