Sign in to follow this  
Guest joi-ful

Qn: Prices of IEM

Hmm, there's a sticky at Home Equipment with e prices of headphones in sg. :whistle:

Guess i didn't search enough before starting this thread... :ppth:

Mod says: P r e c i s e l y...........Charlene lover. LOL... There's also an in-house review section. Most newbies here tend to miss it.

LOL, the mod haolians his POWER!~~~

i find jaben to be a rather quaint little shop, only been there once though..

I thought the Jaben is quite run down? Is abit like some computer shop fixing computer hardware type of shop.

I actually went there way back to have my hard disk recovered. Only then did I realize they have two businesses in that store. One is data recovery, cyber forensics and the other is headphones. Oh yes, I bought my UM1 from them. I also had my computer disaster-proofed by them. Awfully expensive service but I can tell you it saved my skin a couple of times.

Isn't the prices at 'Announcements/Offers' forums?

I like both shops. Its a real pity that Stereo is a little too far for me. (Or maybe its a blessing...if not spent a lot more!) I like Stereo for their sheer varity. Lots of stuff! Jaben for its location and intimate quiet environment. Excellent for spending sometime there listening to headphones.

Oic, nv i notice this 'Announcements/Offers' forum at 1st

Isn't the prices at 'Announcements/Offers' forums?

I like both shops. Its a real pity that Stereo is a little too far for me. (Or maybe its a blessing...if not spent a lot more!) I like Stereo for their sheer varity. Lots of stuff! Jaben for its location and intimate quiet environment. Excellent for spending sometime there listening to headphones.

i know how you feel. Stereo's only a 15 min bus ride away from me =/

Just went to Genting for 2 days and so much gossip.....

Don't worry guys, say what you feel is good, so I know what to do to improve our service.

Regarding the "being looked that while testing", I try not to but sometime I can't help it, reason being sometimes I don't know whether people needed help or simply looking at me because of something else and I must say some, some customers don't handle the headphones and earphones with care and I have to be there to constantly help them.

Please understand I treat every earphone like my own and if you have to let people one after another try your own personal earphone day after day, you'll know what I mean.

Guest joi-ful

Yes, i understand. Especially for a poor student like me... I've to take MUCH MUCH better care of my stuff cos I might not have enough $$ to replace them once they're broken (not working)

Sigh. The agony of a poor student... =(

Yes, i understand. Especially for a poor student like me... I've to take MUCH MUCH better care of my stuff cos I might not have enough $$ to replace them once they're broken (not working)

Sigh. The agony of a poor student... =(

i understand, i ish in NP year 1

*sobs*

That's good. :party: By the way, when stocks of the AKG 81 DJ comes in, will there be any sets for audtion? Would really like to hear what those sound like.

Guest joi-ful

Finally got my UM1 at Stereo Electronics, after auditioning a few other IEMs as well as some headphones.

A good buy, i'd say... definitely a recommended upgrade from semi-canal phones. Had a great time auditioning IEMS at Stereo today, thanks for ur time and patience. Noobie here but nonetheless, Aron has been patient with my questions at the store today.

P.S. will be visiting SE again soon to get new sleeves =D

You went? There was a guy using HD3. WAs that you?

I just went there too. Was trying out the CK7 vs the UM1. Found that the UM1 fitting was not that difficult.

The CK7 was kind of heavy though. I also saw a guy testing out some earphones at a corner, and another chap having a pink Sony player, trying out the earphones with another friend of his :D