Sign in to follow this  
razerx

Power Supply for META

Good quality products are meant to last a few decades. Hey, leave some for me, don't buy all finish... hammer.gif

heheh... Maybe... I'm gonna build my enhanced mod of the Gilmore PSU for my upcoming Gilmore amp..

How you going to enhance the Gilmore power supply?

By adding similiar PS1 design would definately make it the most quiet and powerful power supply. w00t.gif

How you going to enhance the Gilmore power supply?

By adding similiar PS1 design would definately make it the most quiet and powerful power supply. w00t.gif

Not really. Just adding a capacitance multiplier section between the LM's and the Opamps to bring the N+R on the line even lower. And of course, building a dual-mono PSU + amp.

Oh, I see... I have not read the dual-mono spec. Should take a look there... biggrin.gif

There isn't one... It's just having 2 separate dual-voltage power supplies for each channel. And no common ground for both channels. ie. You need to mod the headphones' cable to split into 2 plugs. More work as well... More of an overkill but hey! I'm ain't me for nothing!

Err... PS5A dual-mono low voltage supply is unregulated and use for vacuum tube, just read through welbornlabs project.

You need to mod the headphones' cable to split into 2 plugs. More work as well...

It is similiar to the Gilmore Class A where it use Grados headphone, correct me if I am wrong... party.gif

Err... PS5A dual-mono low voltage supply is unregulated and use for vacuum tube, just read through welbornlabs project.

You need to mod the headphones' cable to split into 2 plugs. More work as well...

It is similiar to the Gilmore Class A where it use Grados headphone, correct me if I am wrong... party.gif

I know. If I want to, I'd get the PS5A, then split into 2 PS1 boards (US$5.00 each; occupied with my own selection of caps) and then onto capacitance multiplier before going to the opamps. Hehehe... Super-overkill!!!

Yeah. A true dual mono would have to be a balanced bridge version of the KGCA.

Ok lor. Remember to bring it along during the next meet and let us have a taste. Will definately blow evil-zen baby away... hee hee... thumbup1.gif

Next meet? No.... I'm taking my time to build the amp. It'd be at least 2 months before I even finish the supply.

Plenty of time, next meet earliest October otherwise Beginning of January 2004