Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

R10 pics

Features

Sony's flagship headphone ("King of Headphones" as they call it) unmatched in both design and sound quality

Housing made by mature Zelkova trees to produce a natural, distortion-free sound. Design based on FRESDAM (Freeform Shape Design and Manufacture) computer-aided design system

The housing position is set automatically when placed on the head, due to a shape-memory alloy employed in the self-adjusting head-band. Regardless of head size, the super-elasticity of the headband applies just enough inward pressure to create the proper acoustic space between the ear and the housing.

Using leading-edge biotechnology techniques, a natural fiber (bio-cellulose) produced by a bacteria called Acetobacter acti is dehydrated, then compressed to a thickness of 20 microns in a diaphragm die. The advantage of the ultra-thin bio-cellulose diaphragm is that it can produce the same sound velocity as an aluminum or titanium diaphragm, along with the warm, delicate sound that a paper diaphragm provides. Trebles are sparkling clear, and bass notes are remarkably deep and rich.

Hangers made of magnesium that attach the housings to the head-band reduce resonance. Magnesium was chosen because of its excellent vibration attenuation and absorption qualities. To prevent mechanical vibration, such as those of the cord or headband, a housing insulator was placed between the ear pad and the baffle plate.

To provide the ultimate in comfort, Greek lambskin covers the entire earpads, along with the headband and suspender Renowned world-wide for its velvety softness and smoothness, the lambskin affords a luxurious feel that allows even the wearer with the most sensitive skin extended listening comfort.

Specifications

Type: Dynamic, circum-aural

Driver unit: 50mm diameter; dome-type bio-celluose diaphragm

Impedance: 40 ohms

Sensitivity: 100dB/mW

Rated power: 300mW

Power handling capacity: 1000mW

Frequency response: 20-20,000Hz

Cord: 3.0m Pure silk covering, 6N-LC-OFC (99.9999%)

Plug: Rhodium base, gold-metal plating (OFC), Standard stereo plug

Weight (w/o cord): 400g

Accessories

Hard case, Linen-bound manual

SUPER SOLID !!!!!

woah... darn the pic looks sooo gooooddd

oh and yes.. I think the cup is seriously oversized rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

"Unit will be marked as a gift to avoid import tax"

Now where did they learn that trick from tongue.gif

One day oh yes one day, it will be mine yes.gif

fcuk! I'll take a pair!!!

The wooden enclosures reminds me of macadamia nuts! Dunno why, maybe they look fattening & I feel like to take a bite into them.

hahaa.. weighing at 400 g.. I seriously doubt anyone can listen to it while lying on the bed. Worst.. one will not be able to marathon with the 'kings' on.

ohmy.gif but I heard they're worth nowhere even at 2000 US man!!!(those who owns the r-10 and grado hp-1) now now what's the hype all about.. rolleyes.gif

whether or not its worth the $4k or $2k, I say its up to the individual. it always is. eg. an SR-60 and an RS-1 for eg. more than a $1000 separates them, some would find that ridiculous, but others would spring for it in a second. the only way to figure if it'll be worth it is to listen for yourself.

my CD3000s are about 400g too btw, and I listen to them almost all the time lying on my pillow wink.gif

I believe markl listens to the R10s lying down as well. If I had US$4K I'd get them in a heartbeat but I don't so the dream goes on.

N@z.. why not laugh.gif

sell your evo sure can lah!! alamak tongue.gif

I guess I'm not that desperate to own a pair after all!