Xenos Amp anyone?

Frequency response impressions from pre-burnt-in Xenos REP

No Load:

IPB Image

16 Ohm Load:

IPB Image

60 Ohm Load:

IPB Image

Impressions thus far: Sound from Goldring DR150 did get a little bit less nasal as initially run from my USB soundcard Lineout run through software volume control. I have a feeling that things got a little warmer as well, just minimally, it might be equipment synergy, or it might be placebo. Also, I take back what I said previously about the reduction in slam, its still about the same, but things got a liiiittttle bit snappier. Soundstage isn't affected much, EDIT: but it feels a bit wider I think. Because it doesn't sound as nasal now, I think its safe to say that its clearer in a sense.

Remember that this is a pre-run in pair.

Add: I somehow have feeling that depending on your your headgear's sound coloration, that bass hump MAYBE accentuated. Experienced users, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Zephyron

Frequency response impressions from pre-burnt-in Xenos REP

No Load:

IPB Image

16 Ohm Load:

IPB Image

60 Ohm Load:

IPB Image

Impressions thus far: Sound from Goldring DR150 did get a little bit less nasal as initially run from my USB soundcard Lineout run through software volume control. I have a feeling that things got a little warmer as well, just minimally, it might be equipment synergy, or it might be placebo. Also, I take back what I said previously about the reduction in slam, its still about the same, but things got a liiiittttle bit snappier. Soundstage isn't affected much, EDIT: but it feels a bit wider I think. Because it doesn't sound as nasal now, I think its safe to say that its clearer in a sense.

Remember that this is a pre-run in pair.

Add: I somehow have feeling that depending on your your headgear's sound coloration, that bass hump MAYBE accentuated. Experienced users, please correct me if I'm wrong.

From the looks of it, I don't think getting a Xenos amp is going to do U3+UM2 any better.

Depends on equipment synergy as well.

I like the U3 with the Goldring DR150 by default, but adding the Xenos REP in-between makes it sound incredibly boring for me. The graph maybe only like that, but perhaps the DR150 accentuated the differences, up till a level where its quite audible. The bass is better controlled in a way, slam was more or less the same, and its lightly snappier. The mid-range takes a small step back and it would seem that the highs gently roll-off. Not to my listening tastes. Yesterday, I actually yawned listening to some of my fave tunes on the Xenos REP -> DR150 config.

The E4 did not seem to gain any benefits. I noted no changes in the sound, but there was quite an audible hiss.

On the CK7 however, the benefits were quite noteable. The bass becomes more lively and the mids don't feel as recessed, the highs stayed mostly the same.

I've already return my loaned REP back to Aron though. It was fun testing it :)