Sign in to follow this  
palestofwhite

Xenos Amp anyone?

@genocide: According to the website, http://www.aptecpro.com/Xenos-Prod/X0HA/x0ha-intro-page.html the REP (enhanced performance) "audiophile" series contain better electronics to give better performance when compared to the RHP (high performance). A quick perusal on the comparison table do seem to indicate the better performance parameters of the REP....but whether that translates to a noticeable difference for your ears is another matter B)

I'm currently auditioning the REP amp now. I will do a comparison with the RHP after a few days :))

@vnwn: I've read somewhere that some amps produce hissing with low impedance headphones. I do hear some hissing with my AT CK5, Creative Auvana, Westone UM2 and to a lesser extent, the Grado SR80. These are all low impedance 'phones. I hear no hiss at all with my Sennheiser HD 590. The Senn 590 has an impedance of 120 ohms.

Edited by scanfiend

@vnwn: I've read somewhere that some amps produce hissing with low impedance headphones. I do hear some hissing with my AT CK5, Creative Auvana, Westone UM2 and to a lesser extent, the Grado SR80. These are all low impedance 'phones. I hear no hiss at all with my Sennheiser HD 590. The Senn 590 has an impedance of 120 ohms.

not only impedance does matter, we also need to see if the Sensitivity of the IEM is high.

E5C with 110 Ohm & 122 dB SPL/mW can still let us hear the hissing sound in lotsa amps & players easily~

enjoy what we have, happie listening~ :))

Edited by vnwn

I'm currently auditioning the REP amp now. I will do a comparison with the RHP after a few days :))

I also have both REP and RHP for comparison, until now I am quite impressed with them, hope to read your comparison soon.

By the way, if it's possible, perhaps a comparision (brief or detailed) between PA2V2 and Xenos will be rather interesting as there are lots of people here who own the former.

Edited by Mackie

How big are those Xenos? 2 X PA2v2?

it is about 90% of the size of a credit card, and slightly thicker than a Treo 650 smartphone (2.3 cm) with or without the detachable belt clip :mellow:

I also have both REP and RHP for comparison, until now I am quite impressed with them, hope to read your comparison soon.

How does it compare to your SR71?

How big are those Xenos? 2 X PA2v2?

it slightly thicker den LDM+, abt a few mm short and a few mm wider... but i dun lyk the sound and design...

How does it compare to your SR71?

SR71's better job with managing the depth of the sound (how sounds degrade when instruments are more far away), it was more real, the Xenos seemed like a big, unorganized sphere next to it.

SR71 has better transparency, with plenty of air and space between instruments and performers. It sounded equally nice with any phones I throw in it, better tonal balance. With Xenos REP, it overemphasized the lower ends with my E5C & MSPro, but I do like the Ety ER4S with the Xenos though.

But stop! In fact this comparison isn't fair, consider the SR71 costs US$395 and it's a few times more than the Xenos. You better hear it yourself with your setup.

Initial impressions of non-burnt in Xenos REP at my home, running through my USB DAC Lineout -> Canare IC -> Xenos REP -> 3m QED Copper plated OFC Copper cable -> Goldring DR150.

Makes things sound warmer, midrange doesn't sound as nasal as it was before, and the highs are gently rolled off. A bit more creamy sounding than usual, seems to have less slam.

I don't have my PINT to compare with as of now since its still undergoing overhaul.

Initial impressions of non-burnt in Xenos REP at my home, running through my USB DAC Lineout -> Canare IC -> Xenos REP -> 3m QED Copper plated OFC Copper cable -> Goldring DR150.

Makes things sound warmer, midrange doesn't sound as nasal as it was before, and the highs are gently rolled off. A bit more creamy sounding than usual, seems to have less slam.

I don't have my PINT to compare with as of now since its still undergoing overhaul.

will look forward to your comment nice meeting you btw.....