Sign in to follow this  
dle4e_2005

Im716 reviews wif pictures

koolz : its my pleasure to meet u too :)

do update us abt the changes in the sound after it got burnt in.

very true abt it, its very worth for the money paid :)

if its mths ago, i would add the im716 into my choices.

I think the Im716 that you listen to by Koolz hasn't been burned-in yet.

Once it is fully burned-in,you will be able to tell the different between the burned-in set and the non burned-in set.

To my ears,only the ER4 is better than the im716.

Other earphone can say bye bye.

How much difference would one expect the sound signature to change after burning in? Let's say a 10% on the best you could acheive. (Take in mind, a 10% is a big change.) I have heard several IEMs unburn-in and burned-in, the sound signature before and after burning-in session could be related.

I audited with a contemporary rock/pop title, clean introduction and verses, brought to 'Overdrive' at the chorus. Note : Overdrive is not similar to Distortion.

The introduction of the track was smooth and well-bodied. However, when the track goes up to 'Overdrive' at the chorus, the vocals was a K.O.

To have a feeling of my description, simply select a comtemporary title with rhythmic beats. Set the EQ of player on flat, then raise the 500 and 1kHz to its 75% or +6 dB.

Top-Gun, wah biang! I think for hygiene purpose, better now. Lol!

Get one for yourself? It worth every penny you spend for it. :lol:

If you can't find from Guardian, let me know, i will purchase it off the stores for you. (You will pay for it of course! :)) )

' date='1 Oct 2006, 12:09 AM' post='81312']

Hmm.. let's say.

I have the ER4 for about 10months now, and to me, there wasn't enough significant difference between pre burnt in and post burnt in state to recognise the difference.

Maybe my mind may be failing, but that is just me. Differences for me couldn't be just a "definite I know it's night and day" difference..

Well, maybe it's time to get an earwax cleaning up job.

zonalblitz_audio, care to lend me your earwax splasher? :D

Someone do a earwax splasher MO! :lol::b2t I don't quite believe in burn-in for iems as well, but it doesnt hurt to give it a try. :yes:

Guys! It has a proper name : Audiclean Ear Cleansing Wash. Not the "Earwax Splasher" by Top-Gun. :lol: where did the word splasher came about? Haha!

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=5733

Personally i do believe in run-in. Some changes can be observed but however, don't expect it to perform miracles for you. You are likely to observe the tones tighten up, soundstage open up. Some may experience little forwardness or step back of the soundstage after short hours of run in.

Anyway, IEMs do not need long running-in hours like headphones. I think 3 or 4 hours at moderate volume is sufficient for final impressions.

trust me.

i've met uncle burn-in too....2 times (its a name mi and topgun gave to him lol)

he is crazy... 150hrs burn-in for his akg k27i

no 1 beats his crazy burn-in egoness.

Edited by ahdui

Thanks koolz for letting me and Ahdui have a listen from your newly bought IM716. Really appreciated your kind offer. :thumbup:

theory_87, i think i should disagree with the fact you said IM716 was close to a ER4. To me, it was never ever close to a ER4. I tried amp/unamp, HD mode/Bass mode. It is also not comparable to the UM2, Super.fi 5 Pro, ER6 etc.

Nevertheless, it is good for the price. :))

it close. but not there yet... and im716 do burn in... but only with amp... un amp, the burn in effect is very little...

I think the Im716 that you listen to by Koolz hasn't been burned-in yet.

Once it is fully burned-in,you will be able to tell the different between the burned-in set and the non burned-in set.

To my ears,only the ER4 is better than the im716.

Other earphone can say bye bye.

totally agree. think only im716 user will know about it...

No problem! And nice meeting you guys. :) Yeah, it's not as great as those high-end iems but like what i said, for the price I am paying, I am happy! :party: I guess burning in helps too. :rolleyes:

try burning in with an amp. it help to a great extend

' date='1 Oct 2006, 12:09 AM' post='81312']

Hmm.. let's say.

I have the ER4 for about 10months now, and to me, there wasn't enough significant difference between pre burnt in and post burnt in state to recognise the difference.

Maybe my mind may be failing, but that is just me. Differences for me couldn't be just a "definite I know it's night and day" difference..

Well, maybe it's time to get an earwax cleaning up job.

zonalblitz_audio, care to lend me your earwax splasher? :D

well, im716, it more heavy bass, tame treble, smoother mid and better control on all spectrums and most importantly more details. however, i believe physiological burn in does make the different too. i forget to ask a important question, did you guys try amp and un amp? try AB between amp and um amp for a new im716 make a huge different...

Dude, no matter how much you want to burn in, the sound signature remains the same.

You will only expect 1. Soundstage opens up. 2. Bass and Mids tighten 3. 'Brightness' dissolve. You will not be able to change the sound signature at all. I don't know, probably you might have already burned-in 400 hours or so? :unsure:

Anyway, we tried with amp and without an amp. We did not experience the problem of the 'fresh-can' effect of being too 'bright' for listen.

Well, if you can swear IM716 @ 200 - 300 dollar range is close to ER4 @ 400 - 500 range for accurancy, it's either you are really fortunate or ... ..... :rolleyes:

Dude, no matter how much you want to burn in, the sound signature remains the same.

You will only expect 1. Soundstage opens up. 2. Bass and Mids tighten 3. 'Brightness' dissolve. You will not be able to change the sound signature at all. I don't know, probably you might have already burned-in 400 hours or so? :unsure:

Anyway, we tried with amp and without an amp. We did not experience the problem of the 'fresh-can' effect of being too 'bright' for listen.

Well, if you can swear IM716 @ 200 - 300 dollar range is close to ER4 @ 400 - 500 range for accurancy, it's either you are really fortunate or ... ..... :rolleyes:

well.. than each to his ear... i mean sound sig do not change. 400h... i think so... haha... i having been using it heavily during my attachment and fypj period... as i say eariler, i do not rule out mental burn in.

erm...

i think that iM716 is my preferred single driver earphones...

to my ears... only shure e4c is better...

did not try ety e6... er6i is a tad pale in comparison to iM716....

theory_87...

1 qn, when u said burn with an amp... are you implyin that burning without an amp is not as useful??

coz i have not burned it with a amp(no amps)

oh yes... im intending to get an amp from jaben/SE soon... any amps to recommend?? coz i don't wanna ask uncle wilson/ aron to dig out all the amps for me to try... v "pai seh"... lol!!!

thanzZ in adv!!!!

erm...

i think that iM716 is my preferred single driver earphones...

to my ears... only shure e4c is better...

did not try ety e6... er6i is a tad pale in comparison to iM716....

theory_87...

1 qn, when u said burn with an amp... are you implyin that burning without an amp is not as useful??

coz i have not burned it with a amp(no amps)

oh yes... im intending to get an amp from jaben/SE soon... any amps to recommend?? coz i don't wanna ask uncle wilson/ aron to dig out all the amps for me to try... v "pai seh"... lol!!!

thanzZ in adv!!!!

not that it not useful. but i will be a slower process... to me, there is no other better IEM but rather consider on par... that will be er4 (more to details but bass could be more for me liking), SF5pro (abit recess and lack slightly in details. but better control of bass) and E4 (bass could be heavier. but mid is very smooth). um2 is too dark for me. have yet to try out any triple driver IEm so i exclude them. amp if on budget, crossroad should be fine. if not will be GoVibe 5 or Xenos REP