Sign in to follow this  
dle4e_2005

Im716 reviews wif pictures

pradon me as tis is the 1st review i am writing.........

all these testing is while i am travelling in MRT today.....

tis is written aft 12hrs of burning in.....

nid to use bout 32-34/40 on my iaudio U3(depend on the music)

the given triflange is hard like rock so went to buy ety biflange frm SE......

the wires wont entangle easily.......

the isolation by the given triflange is not veri gd but better than cresyn.......

but isolation would improve if you buy other tips..

isolation:

ex71-9

im716-7

e630-3

the sound:can hear alot of detail frm the music and hav a feeling you are jus infront of the stage..........

it is like carrying two iem out just by changing between HD mode and Bass mode...

Bass mode:gd if you are listening to rock or live songs

HD mode:more for relaxing music such as pop as classical

it has the sound sig of ety........

sound:

im716-9.5

e630-6

ex71-2

the remote is quite heavy so it would pull the earphone down if you wear it the normal way.....

but if you wear it over the ear you wont feel much of the weight since most of the weight is been put on ur ear........

there is a metal clip on the remote for you to clip on ur bag or shirt(so you can wear it the normal way??)

If you wan to noe how the clip look like just take a look at a pen clip...........

comfort lvl:

ex71-10

im716-8

e630-5

overall:it is realli worth the $140 i paid.......

it is quite a gd upgrade frm my cresyn(collecting dust now)

it can fits in tips frm Ety (er6/6i/4)Shure (e1, e3, e4, e5), Westone (um1, um2) and Shure (e1, e3, e4, e5) .........

there is no black vision for im716 unless AL comes out wif it in the future....

the box contaning the IM716 box

IPB Image

the IM716 box

IPB Image

the casing

IPB Image

IPB Image

comparison wif others iem (left to right)cresyn e630,sony ex51,Im716

IPB Image

how the head look like.......(left to right

IPB Image

the wires(left to right)cresyn e630,Im716,Sony ex51

IPB Image

the remote

IPB Image

my portable setup

IPB Image

last but not least,photo of how you ear it.......

IPB Image

the end

Edited by dle4e_2005

Cool...

I assume the volume is this high as the 'phones are difficult to drive, right?

yup........

currently in its 20+ hour of burning in.......

Guest joi-ful

Hey, you posted this at HWZ as well yea? Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this rare IEM (at least it is in sg)

I suppose it has ety's sound signature as it AL is using ety's technology. I haven't had a chance to hear it but at $140, you can't go wrong.

i post in hwz oso.....

they design it base on ety technology so hav the ety sound signature.....

im716 can use tip tat the other ety can use but their filter is different

maybe can let you all try out when collecting the ksc75 or ldm+.......

Not related to the topic, but i just bought the KSC75 from funan. Will be testing them out later.

u bought for how much????

ur review actually is inaccurate... Ex71 is even harder to drive... the vol cap is juz too low... no my h10, ex71 muz run at vol 40, im716 run at vol 35... of coz, my ex 71 is 3 yr old and my im716 is 3mth old so i can safely presume dey a fully burn in... for the isolation, on triflange i agree... but on shure soft flex or modded biflange, the isolation is excellecnt... u can even hear ur heart beat and ear movement... yup... vol pod weight is nt a problem if u loop it over ur ear lyk how a 3 is wore....

now my advice.. for better isolation, bass respones and comfort, get shure grey soft slevees... for more refine sound, get a amp.. u can heard the diff...

Stanley, while your opinion does stand, it may or may not apply to everyone.

IEMs are something that people hear differently the most.

I gotta try the iM716 and see if its sensitivity is lower or higher tha the EX71 though.

In a way, I hope its lower with higher impedance, because I feel that in that way, amping gives it a lot of benefits :)

haha... coz his is impression only... a review will have to test out the earphone for more time.. but have to say thank u for his effort to make the impression...

today pit im716 [b = Bass, HD = High defination] at stereo side by side against um1, um2, sf5pro, er6i wif my LDM+ and h10...

um1

lack of the bass impact, extension and punch tt im716(B) haf. mid is warmer but i felt it less control... treble is roll off... even eqing, i dun lyk as i doesn't feel natual to me

um2

bass is the deepest of all IEM i tried.. reall deep extension and heavy. mid is as warm as um1 but more controlled. same problem with treble... roll off...

sf5pro

bass is significantly less den um2. mid is nt as warm as um2. treble is so much better den um2. more soundstage as compare to um2... against im716, i'll take im716 anytime... im716 (B) sound similar to sf5pro... the bass is abt the same but im716 is more accurate.. mid wise im716 is smoother. treble no fight... Ety is well known for treble so naturally im716 wins... confort wise, im716 again for the smaller size. im716 in bass mode is a sf5pro with much greater details...

er6i

using im716 bass to compare is unfair so i switch to hd mode... diffinately er6i no fight... the bass juz dun extend as much as im716, the treble same too...

overall, if u wan a warmer sound, um1.. heavy bass um2... sf5pro, no tnx for me... the plus point is the cable can be replace. er6i nt for me again as it loses to im716 and i use im716 in bass mode most of the time...

diggin up a old thread... juz gort iM716 (frm newbie123)...

e clarity iz there.. but i feel tt e singer sound distant... as compared to my dead B&O earphones...

does u guyzZ feel tt way??

oh ya... still using e tri-flange... not too comfy thou.. shld b changin to either ety biflage of shure soft flex soon...

Edited by metrablue