Sign in to follow this  
Newbie123

Ety ER-4P vs ER-6i

Anyone tried both? Is it worth the extra $$$ to go for the ER-4P? Is the diff between these two great? I'm more into clarity. Not much of a bass head.

if you wan something abt the same price online wif the er6i,you can try the im716 which oso has the ety sig........

I would recomend go straight to the ER4P or ER4S... No use getting a mid one and pondering how the higher end one sound... if $$$ is not an issue.. however ER4S is not that expensive if you look hard enough

Anyone tried both? Is it worth the extra $$$ to go for the ER-4P? Is the diff between these two great? I'm more into clarity. Not much of a bass head.

I used to own both. Sold my 2nd pair of ER6i after I got the ER4P. The difference is small to some people, great to some. It depends on the individual. For me, the ER6i is approx 90% of the ER4P. So the difference is quite significant to me. It also depends on how/where you want to use it. For portable situations, the ER6i is better cos its more managable, smaller, bassier and easier to insert. The 4P is more uncomfy, in fact, it is the most uncomfy earphone I got.

SQ wise, the 4P has better bass and treble extension. Its bass is definately deeper but less in quantity. Its midrange also sounds sweeter than the 6i. The impressive thing about the 4P is its performance at low volumes. It still retains the impact, details and clarity.

For built quality, surely the ER4 series wins! Anyway, both have similar sound signature. One is an improvement of the other.

Edit:

I'm beginning to miss my old ER6i. :(

Edited by afbug

clarity?? Grados...

Tried the Alessandros at Jaben just now. Really sweet. Anyway... ordered the Etymotic ER-4P. Tried the IEMs available in Jaben for audition, only the Etymotic ER-6i leave a better impression than the rest :)

For clarity the ER4S is even better then most mid range Grados.. therefore the ER4P /S is a much better buy.. OF cos you need a amp for the S version it is will blow you into audio heaven then the P version

I owned ER6i but now using ER4S, the ER4S blow me away when pairing up with a dark sounding amps

(subjective) and since then no regret. I even feel that the the ER4S sounds better than my HD650/Zu (subjective) :))