fallraen

The Little Dot 2 + Thread!

Hello,

Just bought LD2+ from the latest MO.

I saw from the instruction manual there is a "jumper pin" (direct translation) inside for different type of headphone, would like to find out if I shld ignore this & just use the amp as it is fresh out of the box?

Appreciate any advice & what's the average run in time for a tube amp?

Hi Yoyo,

Regarding the choice of high gain or low gain. I assume that you in normal gain.

You must see what is the percentage of your vol. pot when youre listening with your favourite phone. If the pot is at 80% then you should go for high gain. If the vol. pot is only 30% and you are already on normal gain then just leave it that way.

hope it helps.

Cheers,

clemo

sidetrack a little...

Will there be another MO on this tube amp?

Currently using SR80.

Haven't come back here for quite while so missed out on the MO.

Thankyou for super fast response.

I'm using AKG 271 & DAP as source, my current listen volume is abt 11 o'clock position, u think I shld do anything?

Hi yoyo,

11 o'clock is fine. I usually use the 75% source and only change to high gain is the vol. pot is more then 75%. Well that for me, some would go for 100% source.

So i think your gain is fine.

Cheers,

clemo

Hi ahgoh7,

If there are enough interest i should start another one. Its so cheap that it give everyone a chance to try out a Tube Amp.

Cheers,

clemo

Being quite impressed with this amp. However it does run quite hot? The entire enclosure goes to say 40-50 celcius? and is scalding to the touch

Also, the headphone connector plug does heat up as well.

Is that normal?

From what I've read about the LD2+, it does heat up some though the LD2 heats up more. Guess it's normal. Other tube amps don't heat up as much as the LD2+ based on what I've read.

MS-1 doesn't need an amp, with amp the improvement is marginal. I'd used a little dot 2 with SR-60, I could not hear any much difference between SR60 w/o amp vs SR60 w/ amp