Sign in to follow this  
Shiro MS08th

Need recommendation in an entry level CD Player

Hi, as what my topic title is telling.

I would like help and guidance from you guys, cause I have no experience at all in a CDP and i'm still new in this field.

Only having 3 cans and a portable headamp.

And I wish to have a entry level setup, slowly building my equipments.

So hope you guys can recommend me some CDP, best if 2nd hand, cheaper and better deal all round.

Budget would be around $100-200.

And is Denon DCD-735 CDP good?

Haxyer is selling it at $150, so not sure whether is it good and at that price too.

Thanks in advanced!

the dcd 735 gives a very clear and neutral sound with a tight bass too.

u can come my house and test if its good anot. decide whether u like the sound or not, its all up to u.

Ooh.

I'm wondering it will be suitable for this few general genres?

Rock

Metal

Blues (Guitar)

Jazz

Bossa Nova

I think maybe one of the days can go your house to test, I live at Tampines too.

well that is good! you can come anytime during the night on weekdays or weekends too. my number is 97347285, so we can arrange a time.

i dont listen to jazz, bossa nova and metal, so i dont know. i had a metallica cd and it sound pretty good. but the best sounding one was a pearl jam cd and it totally rocks. the strength of this player appears to be clarity and does not color the sound.

a lot of players could be chose for entry level under the price range, keep ur eyes on echo loft then :))

The usual suggestions.....used Marantz CD63 (all variations), new Marantz CD5400, NADs, Rotel RCD-02 etc... But your budget seems to rule in favour of used cdps but U need to be AWARE of the risk involved. Find out about parts availability (laser pickup...yes, they eventually die). No point buying a well reviewed old player and find that there's no part to replace one it dies.

Edited by Mackie

The usual suggestions.....used Marantz CD63 (all variations), new Marantz CD5400, NADs, Rotel RCD-02 etc... But your budget seems to rule in favour of used cdps but U need to be AWARE of the risk involved. Find out about parts availability (laser pickup...yes, they eventually die). No point buying a well reviewed old player and find that there's no part to replace one it dies.

Ooh.

So all those you mentioned are in my budget, I think I heard the marantz cd63 being talk quite abit, and Rotel brand.

To be honest, I have no idea about parts availability or where to buy or repair it.

So I really have no clue.

Thanks again!

Rotel and Marantz should be ok as their parts are readily available.

Rotel and Marantz should be ok as their parts are readily available.

Oh thanks.

Does Denon have their parts readily available?

Since Denon is quite a popular brand is it?

Check with their service centre.

Ok, thanks!

Just found their service center contact at their Singapore branch website.

Think will just call them to ask the laser pickup availablilty if i'm on to get the denon cdp.