Sign in to follow this  
Shiro MS08th

Need recommendation in an entry level CD Player

Based on past experience, I would pick the NAD for sound quality. But what matters most is whether you could tell the difference. If you can't and the HK costs cheaper than NAD and the looks appeal to you, why spend more.

Saw a NAD540 selling in 2nd hand shop in SLS. I think it is $280.

I think i'm pretty much set on marantz cd63 se or ki.

After listening haxyer's cd63se tslim mod, I think its great.

Will save another month to buy one with the mod.

Maybe next month I will go post for a wtb marantz cd63 se/ki with or without mod.

Maybe next month I will go post for a wtb marantz cd63 se/ki with or without mod.

Hi,

Alternatively, u could get a used Marantz CD17.

i saw a TS Lim modified marantz 63 up for sale on echoloft ... $300 +. you may want to check that out (ps: i'm not connected to the seller nor is that my set!).

if i'm not mistaken, TS has mentioned that he will provide support services even to those who buy them used (pls confirm this with him personally)

imho, better take the "pain" now and buy what you like even if it slightly above your budget (and provided you think it is worth the price) rather than go on upgrade binge later ... ymmv

of course, trust your ears and listen to all your shortlisted cdp first ...

happy cdp hunting!

i saw a TS Lim modified marantz 63 up for sale on echoloft ... $300 +. you may want to check that out (ps: i'm not connected to the seller nor is that my set!).

if i'm not mistaken, TS has mentioned that he will provide support services even to those who buy them used (pls confirm this with him personally)

imho, better take the "pain" now and buy what you like even if it slightly above your budget (and provided you think it is worth the price) rather than go on upgrade binge later ... ymmv

of course, trust your ears and listen to all your shortlisted cdp first ...

happy cdp hunting!

Yeah!

Same thread.

I email him already, but the set the user is selling, the lens need to be replaced.

So I asking him how much will it cost to replace.

Or what you say TS will provide support service, does that include in changing lens?

If its free or a small fee like maybe not more than $50, I will surely buy that player of the seller at echoloft.

But no reply from him yet though.

Hi,

Alternatively, u could get a used Marantz CD17.

Used one around $400++ izzit?

But haven heard how its like yet.

Will check around too.

Thanks for the recommend!

best if you check with TS himself. he occasionally posts on Echoloft i think under his name, Tze Sian (i hope i got the spelling right) and i have e-mailed him myself to buy something from him.

caveat: i'm a current user of his modified marantz 63se and i'm not advertising for him or anything like that!!

cheers

Guest davidcsk2112

There is a Marantz CD72 SE selling for only $90 with remote.. looks like a good start to try marantz sound

When I last checked, that's been sold already.

There is a Marantz CD72 SE selling for only $90 with remote.. looks like a good start to try marantz sound

thats was fast,..

thats was fast,..

Yea...

Just saw the thread, sold.

I think I raised my budget up, since some users also said, rather to take the pain now, then keep on upgrading later.

And personally I shortlisted marantz cd63 se/ki with ts lim mod.

But I dunno what other cdp are in my budget range that is good too, so need more recommendations.

My budget range is $350-450.

Thanks!

Go to X Audio and listen to the OPPO DV970HD Universal player, it well within your budget. Also you can listen to the marantz cd63 se/ki with ts lim mod at Sky Audio next door.