ablaze

X-can V2 @alpha audio today

Rameish,

Thanks for the advice. Will run-in the K501.

dqps,

I bought it for S$250 but I did not bargain with the salesperson. Perhaps you can give it a try. The shop is Asia Sound at Adelphi, 4th floor. but I am uncertain whether that was the last piece as I saw only one on the shelf. Their number is 6338-7562 so do give them a call before you go over.

thanks for the info....

last piece!!! huh.gif

Did you mean mine is the last piece, or is there a last piece over at the shop right now?

a reaction to ur posting that it might be the last piece tongue.gif

Call them if you really want the K501, they are the distributor for AKG, I believe ...

Might not be the last, just no space to display more.

They'll bring in more I'm sure as they distribute the stuff. If you have problems in suppy only let me know as I sorta know the boss - the daughter and me were collegues long long long time ago. Don't expect any favours though just if the sales manager or sales perons is giving you a no stock face and you want them then do email me. I'll help in anyway I can.

They'll bring in more I'm sure as they distribute the stuff. If you have problems in suppy only let me know as I sorta know the boss - the daughter and me were collegues long long long time ago. Don't expect any favours though just if the sales manager or sales perons is giving you a no stock face and you want them then do email me. I'll help in anyway I can.

noted. thanks for the offer....

Nice one Northern Oak. Enjoy your new toy. Avatar looks good too. Would love to hear your initial, 48 hrs & 150 hrs impressions. Keep us posted.

Sure thing, but I will have to wait till this weekend before I start the burn-in. My harddisk crashed two nights ago and I was busy bringing up the new hard disk.

I would also have to re-worked my CMOY amp for the output impedance to match with the 120 ohms of K501. Currently, I have matched it to a 50 ohms load.

but the good thing about burn-in is that you just leave it to play on its own, no user-interference required what smile.gif

unless you're a computer source guy like me? blush.gif

I spent the whole of last night, all the way till 3.30am in the morning to get the system up and running. yawn.gif

The other reason is I have to do the burn-in without my wife knowing that I bought another headphone. Headphones are my little secret, private hobby that have to be kept in the dark for the time being. I have been spending too much, buying this and that, so I guess it's better to keep her in the dark now. sad2.gif

For the amp, the output impedance have to be matched to the headphones to get max output power. Since I am running on 9V source, maxing out volume on the unmatched amp will not be enough to power the amp to get some some decent sound. This may also cause clippings as the input voltage swing is already very high. headphone.gif

No choice lah, have to fix the amp, then start the burn-in.

Yes, it's a pity that she doesn't know how to appreciate these things.

One thing about girls are that they will complain when you spend your dough on these stuff but they don't even feel the pinch when they go for spa, expensive facials and even expensive hair styling. (BTW, you are not even allowed to complain about how they spend their money, but when it comes to you spending your own, they will go ballistic!!! blink.gif )

Northern Oak, your wife will know believe me they just know! That look on your face when you have a new toy is unmaskable! Hehehe! Also, never argue with a woman's logic, you will never win blink.gif

I have kept the K501 in a box at one corner of the house while I told her that I bought the 66SL second hand at S$35. It's up to her to believe it.